- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit markets and learn about festival preparations.
- Take part in celebrations during a Day of the Dead parade.
- Relax in the tropical paradise of Puerto Escondido
In Mexico, death isn’t the end of the road — it’s the beginning of a huge party. Rooted in Aztec tradition, Oaxaca’s colourful Dead of the Dead festivities have been drawing curious visitors for decades. This week-long tour throws you right into the middle of the action with four straight days of parades, macabre costumes, and market visits in search of sugar skulls. Then, it’s off to the coastal town of Puerto Escondido for a few days of well-earned R&R on the beach you’ll be more than grateful for — or, if you’ve still got the energy, parties galore.
Day 1: Oaxaca
Day 2: Oaxaca
Day 3: Oaxaca
Day 4: Oaxaca
Day 5: Oaxaca/Puerto Escondido
Day 6: Puerto Escondido
Day 7: Puerto Escondido
- Hotels/hostels (6 nts, most multi-share).
No meals included
Note: Allow USD175-230 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Oaxaca
- Visit to local markets to learn about ceremonial objects used for Day of the Dead
- Day of the Dead parade in Oaxaca
- Beach time in Puerto Escondido
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Oaxaca and from Puerto Escondido are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido: Day of the Dead tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 28 today.
- Save US$ 18+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido: Day of the Dead tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido: Day of the Dead tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido: Day of the Dead tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.