The Rongai route is one of the easiest route up to Kilimanjaro summit and it joins the Marangu route at Kibo hut. The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, and seven days are recommended. We have designed the trip for 7 days as that will allow for proper acclimatization on the mountain.
Wildlife can be seen on the lower slopes such as buffalos, Elephants, Baboons and monkeys together with different species of birds.
Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, the Rongai route makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for days before joining the Marangu route at Kibo camp. On the way down this route goes together with the Marangu route.
The Rongai route as such is a moderately difficult route and relatively easier than other routes up Kilimanjaro. It is therefore highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience, as the probability of reaching the summit will be higher.
Day 2: Simba Camp to First Cave Camp.
Day 3: First Cave Camp to Kikelewa camp.
Day 4: Kikelewa Camp to Mawenzi Turn Hut.
Day 5: Mawenzi Turn Hur to Kibo Hut.
Day 6: Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak to Horrombo hut.
Day 7: Horrombo Hut to Marangu Gate
- 2 Nights accommodation in Keys Hotel in Moshi
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents:
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs:
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
- Clean, purified drinking water:
- Crisis management and safety procedures:
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
- Sleeping Mattress:
- Emergency Evacuation by Flying Doctor Society of Africa
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.