- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Take the challenging 7Day Rongai, the most beautiful and unspoiled route
The Rongai route is one of the easiest route up to Kilimanjaro summit and it joins the Marangu route at Kibo hut. The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, and seven days are recommended. We have designed the trip for 7 days as that will allow for proper acclimatization on the mountain.
Wildlife can be seen on the lower slopes such as buffalo's, Elephants, Baboons and monkeys together with different species of birds.
Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, the Rongai route makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for days before joining the Marangu route at Kibo camp. On the way down this route goes together with the Marangu route.
The Rongai route as such is a moderately difficult route and relatively easier than other routes up Kilimanjaro. It is therefore highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience, as the probability of reaching the summit will be higher.
Day 1: Rongai Gate (Nale Moru), Hike to Simba Camp
Day 2: Hike Simba Camp to Second Cave
Day 3: Hike Second Cave to Kikelewa Camp
Day 4: Hike Kikelewa Camp to Mawenzi Tarn Hut
Day 5: Hike Mawenzi Tarn to Kibo Hut
Day 6: Kibo Camp to Summit and Horombo Hut
Day 7: Hike Horombo Hut to trail head, drive to Moshi
- 2 Nights accommodation in Keys Hotel in Moshi
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents:
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs:
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
- Clean, purified drinking water:
- Crisis management and safety procedures:
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
- Sleeping Mattress:
- Emergency Evacuation by Flying Doctor Society of Africa
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.
- Save +US$ 69 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.