- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Referred to as the "Whiskey route", it is better suited for the more adventurous hiker
- Ascent to Uhuru Peak, the highest point on African continent
The Machame route is scenically beautiful and varied. However, due to its popularity there are increased numbers of trekkers, it loses some of its splendour. The Machame route approaches the summit from the southwest and descends using the Mweka route, rewarding climbers with views of the expansive Shira Plateau, an optional scramble up Lava Tower, a climb up the Great Barranco wall, and a traverse underneath Kilimanjaro’s southern ice field.
Climbers sleep in supplied tents at designated campsites, and eat meals either outdoors or inside a large dining tent, depending on weather conditions. Bless Africa Tours staff will prepare all meals and set up and take down the tents.
The Machame route is a highly successful route to the summit as you climb high and sleep lower because of position of the campsites, which aids acclimatization. It also offers the opportunity to take an alternative route to the summit, either via Barafu camp or the less frequented and more difficult Western breach route. The minimum number of days required for this route is six days, although seven days is recommended to make the walk more enjoyable and improve acclimatization.
After arrival in Moshi and the hotel, there will be the opportunity to rest. Later there will be a meeting with the tour guide for a briefing about the trek and Mt Kilimanjaro and, very importantly, an equipment check.
Day 1: Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Machame Gate,
Day 2: Climb Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Day 3: Climb Shira Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 4: Climb Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 5: Climb Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 6: Climb Barafu Camp to Summit, down to Mweka Camp
Day 7: Climb Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate and then drive to Moshi
- 2 Nights accommodation in Keys Hotel in Moshi is included
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- Sleeping Mattress
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.
- Save +US$ 56 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.