- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discovering the lakes, mountains, rivers and caves of Slovenia by bike, raft and on foot
- Cycling the length of the Parenzana historic rail route from Trieste to Porec
- Exploring interesting towns brimming with character and history
- Delighting in the fine cuisine and hospitality of your accommodation providers
Uncover the natural highlights of Slovenia before cycling the historic Parenzana Rail Trail from Italy to Croatia. Slovenia encompasses a wealth of stunning natural features from the high peaks of the Julian Alps to the incredible limestone caves, mountain lakes and traditional countryside. This cycle journey has been carefully designed to take in all of these highlights and then continue along an old disused railway line now catering to cyclists and walkers, the Parenza Rail Trail, from Trieste in Italy to Porec in Croatia. From the delightful lakeside town of Bled, the cycle route takes you around the Julian Alps before swapping pedals for paddles with a white water rafting experience on the vivid blue waters of the Soca River. In the Karst region visit the massive Skocjan Caves with its impressive underground gorge and fascinating landscapes before cycling to Trieste and the start of the Parenzana (derived from Parenzo, the Italian name for Porec) which will take you past olive groves and vineyards on your way to the ancient Roman town of Porec on the stunning Croatian coast. Along the way there is time to appreciate the unique culture and culinary delights in every country you visit.
Day 1 : Arrive Ljubljana, transfer to Lake Bled, cycle around lake (15km/9.5mi)
Day 2 : Cycle to Kranjska Gora (37km/23mi), transfer to Bovec
Day 3 : Rafting on the Soca River then cycle to Kobarid (20km/12.5mi), taxi to Brda Wine region
Day 4 : Transfer to Škocjan Caves, visit caves then cycle to Trieste (51km/31.5mi)
Day 5 : Cycle Parenzana trail to Portoroz, optional cycle to the beach (36-40km/22.5-25mi)
Day 6 : Cross the Croatian border and visit historic towns en route to Motovun (53km/33mi)
Day 7 : Cycle past olive groves and vineyards to Porec (33km/10.5mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels and B&Bs on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Transfer from Ljubljana airport or a Ljubljana hotel to Bled on day 1, Tolmin or Kobarid to Brda on day 3 and from Brda to Skocjan Caves on day 4
- Information pack including route notes & maps per room booked
- 7 breakfasts - continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, coffee and tea
- 1 dinner with wine tasting in the Brda wine region
- Return transfer to Ljubljana - alternatively we can arrange for your main luggage to be waiting for you in Porec.
- Bus from Kranjska Gora to Bovec
- Welcome briefing
- Good quality rental bike with panniers & helmet -a hybrid bike for the first section and mountain bike for the Parenzana Trail
- Emergency hotline (we recommend you carry a mobile phone with you on this trip)
- White water rafting on Soca River
- Škocjan cave entrance fee
- Tourist tax and vat
- Transport to arrive and depart from Ljubljana
- Daily luggage transfer (daily needs are carried by cyclists in panniers provided)
- Lunch and dinner daily (except dinner on day 3) and all beverages (allow 10-25 EUR per meal)
- Items of a personal nature including beverages, laundry, phone calls etc
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Guide - this is a self guided trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Save US$ 60+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Slovenia and the Parenzana tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Slovenia and the Parenzana tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Slovenia and the Parenzana tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.