- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 20+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Varanasi, the holiest city of the Hindus
- Enjoy traveling to the picturesque hills of Kalimpong, Gangtok & Darjeeling
- Go out on a sightseeing tour of Lucknow. See some of its highlights
- See the magnificent Victoria Memorial in Kolkata
Leave the hills behind and return to the plains, this time to the holy city of Varanasi. Visit Sarnath, where the Buddha gave his first sermon, before traveling to Lucknow. Your journey comes to an end in Delhi, where you will go out on a sightseeing tour before heading for the airport.
India's northeast is a land of undulating hills with a luxuriant green cover, wide meandering rivers and small, gurgling streams. Not so much established on the travelers map, this region has its own unique charm that will sweep you off your feet. Please note that entrance fees to the monuments are not included in the tour price.
For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Kolkata arrival
Day 2: Kolkata sightseeing tour
Day 3: New Jalpaiguri – Kalimpong
Day 4: Kalimpong – Gangtok
Day 5: Gangtok
Day 6: Gangtok – Darjeeling
Day 7: Explore Darjeeling
Day 8: Darjeeling – New Jalipaiguri – Varanasi
Day 9: Varanasi
Day 10: Varanasi – Lucknow
Day 11: Lucknow – Delhi
Day 12: Delhi departure
- Meals: 10 breakfast, 5 dinner
- Accommodation: Hotels & guesthouses (9 nights), overnight train journeys (2 nights)
- Transport: Pickup and drop-off transfer. Railway station transfers. Train tickets as per the itinerary (AC 2 tier/AC 3 tier/sleeper class for overnight trips. AC chair car/ second-class for day trips)
- Sightseeing tours as per tour itinerary
- English-speaking tour guides in the Darjeeling sector only (from Day 4 to Day 7 )
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- India visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry telephone calls, etc
- Entrance fees to the monuments mentioned on the itinerary
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTransport: Exploring India by train is an experience onto itself. This is also the best way to meet people, learn more about their culture and see the Indian countryside. There are no cafeteria or buffet cars on Indian trains. But when it comes to overnight journeys, an assistant will take your meal order (menu restricted to a few options). The carriages might not be as clean as those in the west. However, adequate care is taken to keep AC2, AC3 and AC Chair class clean by Indian standards. They generally have both western-style and squat toilets. We suggest you carry toilet paper, hand wash and soap during the train journey. Indian trains often run late, though. It’s not unusual to stay stuck for hours at the station. Make sure you have something to do during those hours. We suggest you carry a book or a magazing along with you. Accommodation: These hotels / guest houses could not be like what you are used to back home. Power cuts can be expecte