- Festivals and events
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cruise the Keralan backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Explore the old spice town of Cochin
- Sample traditional home cooked food in a family home
- Discover the Sri Meenakshi temple of Madurai
India's tropical south is a land full of fertile forests, sweeping grasslands and tea plantations. We visit the two southern states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, both with distinctive cultures and contrasting scenery. Kerala is a true tropical paradise with an idyllic coastline and lush tropical mountains, which is evident as we travel between the old spice town of Cochin and the beautiful hill station of Munnar. A trip to the wildlife sanctuary at Periyar boasts an array of wildlife and an abundance of colourful birdlife, and dinner with a local family provides a unique insight into Keralan life. In Tamil Nadu, we explore the state's most vibrant and colourful city, Madurai, and marvel at the intricately carved Sri Meenakshi Temple. The climax comes as the lagoons of Kerala are cruised on a traditional houseboat before relaxing on the sweeping beaches of Kovalam and the chance to try some delicious fresh seafood.
Day 1: Start Cochin.
Day 2: Sightseeing around Cochin; optional sunset cruise at Fort Cochin and explore
historic spice port.
Day 3: To Munnar.
Day 4: Day trek through tea plantations and the hills of Munnar.
Day 5: To Madurai.
Day 6: Visit colourful Sri Meenakshi Temple; optional cycle rickshaw ride through
Day 7: To Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, home to wild elephant and many other animals
and birds. Dinner and cooking demonstration in a local family home.
Day 8: Explore Periyar; morning jungle walk followed by an optional boat trip on the
Day 9: To Erattupetta Planters Homestay.
Day 10: To Muhamma; village walk.
Day 11: Board houseboat for backwater cruise.
Day 12: Leave houseboat and drive to Kovalam.
Day 13: Free time for relaxing on the beach or optional trip to Kanyakumari
Day 14: End Kovalam.
- 11 nights hotels, 1 night homestay, 1 night houseboat , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners included
- Transfer for group flights
- Travel by private air-conditioned private bus
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Any international flights to Kochi and from Kovalam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Tropical South tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Tropical South tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Tropical South tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Tropical South tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.