- duration 8 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy amazing scenery in the tea plantations of Munnar
- Try wildlife spotting at Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Stay in a traditional houseboat in Kerala's backwaters
Starting with a sightseeing tour of Kochi (Cochin), this eight-day, guided tour will take you through the tea plantations of Munnar and bring you face to face with the rich biodiversity of Thekkady, part of theWestern Ghats.
From there we head to Alleppey, known as the "Venice of India" where you will get the chance to stay in a houseboat and explore the famous backwaters of Kerala. This trip comes to an end in Cochin. Please note that entrance fees to the destinations except those in Cochin are not included in the tour price.
Be mesmerized by the magic of Kerala during this tour. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
We didn’t experience any problem. I definitely recommend GeTs Holiday for Kerala trip.”
We had a fantastic holiday from the moment we arrived in Cochin. Our driver Shoukath was excellent. All of our hotels were great especially our hotel in Thekkady the Poetree Sarovar Portico and we thoroughly enjoyed the Tea Plantation visit in Munnar. Plus the Periyar Tiger Reserve - what a special day. We finished our tour with 3 relaxing days at the Flamingo Boutique Villa, such a special boutique hotel.
We found the services of GeTS Holidays excellent throughout our tour and stay excellent. I would highly recommend this company to help you design your tour of India every time.”
When we left India at Delhi we were transported to the airport by driver arranged by Gets Travels. At that time we gave him a evaluation form for our time in India that we had filled out. So you should have our responses Generally speaking we had a fantastic time.
The transfers were timely, we loved our driver/guide (Jo Jo). He was very helpful and found interesting little things to see and do along the way. Great guy. We thought the hotels were superb and location perfect Loved the houseboat experience. Perhaps forewarn travelers that there may be extra activities or costs while on the boat The train experience was very good. We had some long stretches between meals on some days. Prepare travelers to carry snacks...
Thanks for preparing a great itinerary and suggesting that we go to Kerala as well as experiencing the train.
Sharon Mander and friends”
Day 1: Kochi (Cochin) arrival
Day 2: Kochi sightseeing tour
Day 3: Kochi – Munnar
Day 4: Munnar (tea plantation visit) – Thekkady
Day 5: Thekkady sightseeing tour
Day 6: Thekkady – Kumarakom
Day 7: Kumarakom – Alleppey
Day 8: Alleppey – Kochi (Cochin)
- 7 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- Accommodation in a standard, 3-star hotel and houseboat based on twin share
- An English-speaking local guide in Cochin only
- Pickup and drop-off. All transport and sightseeing by an air-conditioned vehicle with an English speaking drive
- Included activities: Spice plantation tour in Thekkady & Houseboat cruise in Alleppey
- Entrance fees to monuments and museums in Cochin only
- One mineral water bottle per person per day
- All applicable taxes, including GST
- International & domestic airfare
- Monument entrance fees other than those in Cochin
- Any mandatory Gala Dinner on Christmas and New Year Eve
- Any expenses that are of personal nature, like phone calls and laundry, etc
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Meals other than those mentioned on the itinerary. All alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks
- Tipping is a common custom and we always suggest our travelers to give tips to the driver / guide if they like their service
- Save +US$ 21 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.The prices will not be valid from 14 December 2019 - 10 January 2020 due to extra additional Christmas, New Year charges. We can customize your itinerary on the basis of 4 & 5 star category of hotels.