- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling through the heart of the Scottish Highlands
- Exploring the quaint villages which are full of historical intrigue
- Experiencing the timelessness of the lochs
- Visiting castles and taking side trips to experience the landscape further on foot
Experience the natural beauty and stunning lakes of the Scottish highlands at handlebar level. Cycle from Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands, along the shores of Loch Ness to Fort William. During this week long trip we cycle along scenic paths and quiet forest trails with opportunities enroute to spot the wildlife of the region including red deer, stag or golden eagle. A day in Fort William is set aside to rest or ascend Ben Nevis, Scotland's highest mountain. A train journey takes you across desolate Rannoch Moor to Loch Rannoch, where you continue on bike to the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry, nestled in the Perthshire hills.
hike and be sure to be in shape before you start out!!”
Day 1 : Arrive Inverness
Day 2 : To Drumnadrochit 39km/24miles
Day 3 : To Fort Augustus 37km/23miles
Day 4 : To Fort William 55km/34miles
Day 5 : Rest day in Fort William, option to climb Scotland's highest peak Ben Nevis, 1344m/ 4410ft
Day 6 : To Pitlochry 60km/37miles
Day 7 : Rest day Pitlochry. Options 22km/14 miles or 45km/28 miles
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- Transfer of luggage between accommodation – One bag per person (up to 20kg per person).
- 7 breakfasts – Full breakfasts are served and usually start with porridge or cereals followed by fried eggs, bacon/sausages, tomato, toast (or any combination you prefer), coffee, tea and juices.
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 to 4 star bed & breakfast accommodation on a twin share basis with private facilities.
- Train ticket Fort William to Rannoch on Day 6
- Map, GPX files, travel documentation and emergency support service
- 24 speed hybrid cycles equipped with helmets, panniers, tools, puncture repair kit, spare inner tube, lock and water bottle. E bikes are not suitable on this tour.
- Travel to and from Inverness / Pitlochry
- Drinks, lunches and dinners
- Items of a personal nature
- Cycle guide – this is a self guided cycling trip
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 65 today.
- Save US$ 43+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Scottish Highlands Cycle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Scottish Highlands Cycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Scottish Highlands Cycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.