- duration 19 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- A comprehensive exploration of some of the smallest and most remote countries in the world a 100% unique itinerary.
- Explore remote and far flung areas where few travellers venture.
- Visit countries where even the arrival of tourists is a newsworthy mention.
- Visit unique destinations that are not promoted in glossy guidebooks… places where you will not find crowds of tourists and luxury lodges.
When it comes to tourism, there are always those countries that get most of the fame. There are those destinations that top the list of the 'most visited countries' in the world year after year. Now it is time for us to share with you the less visited - but no less interesting - nations of the world on our Untouched Pacific Islands Tour. Oceania is a region centered on the islands of the tropical Pacific Ocean, and this tour will explore islands in all three sub-regions of Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia.
This is a chance to explore some remote, far flung areas where few travellers venture. On this tour we will visit some countries where even the arrival of tourists is a newsworthy mention.
Each year the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) collects the number of international tourism arrivals that each country receives, and on this tour we will visit some of the least visited countries in the world based on these statistics.
With the globalization of the modern day world, only a small handful of countries have managed to truly stay 'off the radar'.
This tour offers you the chance to visit some of these unique destinations that are not promoted in glossy guidebooks; places where you will not find crowds of tourists and luxury lodges.
This is an ambitious itinerary and a true adventure! This is a tour for real travellers - those who have passion for exploration and discovery - those who seek an adventure that is off the 'tourist trail' to places where few have been before.
Do not come looking for 5-star resorts and high-speed wifi. Just be sure to come with a true sense of adventure and a great travel spirit!
Day : 1 Arrival in Honolulu, Hawaii**
Day : 2 Hawaii - Majuro, Rep of the Marshall Islands
Day : 3 Majuro, Marshall Islands - Pohnpei, Fed. States of Micronesia
Day : 4 Pohnpei Island Exploration
Day : 5 Pohnpei, FSM - Tarawa, Kiribati
Day : 6 Tarawa, Kiribati - Nadi, Fiji - Suva
Day : 7 Suva, Fiji - Tuvalu / Island Exploration
Day : 8 Tuvalu / Funafala Islet Visit
Day : 9 Tuvalu - Suva, Fiji - Nadi
Day : 10 Nadi, Fiji - Nauru
Day : 11 Nauru Touring
Day : 12 Nauru - Nadi, Fiji
Day : 13 Nadi, Fiji - Auckland, New Zealand
Day : 14 Auckland, New Zealand - Niue
Day : 15 Niue: Island Touring
Day : 16 Niue: Island Touring
Day : 17 Niue: Island Touring
Day : 18 Niue - Auckland, New Zealand
Day : 19 * Technical Note *
Day : 20 (Actually Day 19) Departure
- Our accommodation styles and rating will vary quite widely on this tour; on most of the islands we will be staying in the 'best available' hotels (excluding our stays on Fiji and in Auckland). Some hotel rooms are well-equipped and will likely include hairdryers, minibar fridge and TV. Other hotels on less developed islands will be clean and comfy, but may not provide the same amenities. Most are air-conditioned. Some hotels provide complimentary purified drinking water or bottles of water. Some bathrooms have shower only, and on some islands hot water may not be available 24-hours a day. Many hotels have swimming pools.
- A mandatory single supplement may apply to this tour if you select our share program and we are unable to pair you. Due to the high cost of single accommodation in the region, the mandatory supplement is 50% of the regular supplement.
- Maximum 5 single supplements. Please note that due to extremely limited accommodation, singles will likely be "forced" to share (same sex) in Nauru.
- Land transport is provided by private a/c coaches, the size of which will vary according to ultimate group size and location. Larger touring buses may be used in some locations. Due to the more remote locations and limited infrastructure of most islands, we will have smaller vehicles of 16-25 seats.
- Access to these rarely visited islands is extremely difficult, and restricted by infrequent flight schedules, which can at any time. As such, itinerary modifications may occur close to the departure date or while the tour is in the field. The amount of time spent on each island will therefore be entirely dictated and determined by the available flight schedules at the time of operation of the tour. As a result, the order of islands visited may change, and the number of nights on each island may have to be adjusted -- ie we may lose one night on one island and gain a night on another. After the trip you may have a sense that you had too much time in one place and not enough time in another; though we do our best to adapt as best we can, this is a fact of life on this program. If we are forced to make such changes after your reservation, we will advise you by email. We will not, however, consider such adjustments sufficient reason for you to cancel your trip without penalty.
- For this tour we strongly encourage all travellers to pack as light as possible and purchase travel insurance that would cover you in the event of changes resulting in out-of-pocket expenses while the tour is in operation.
- We rate this tour a "level 2," as, though it is not strenuous per se, this tour is ambitious, covering a huge area and involving many flights, some of which are long and possibly at inconvenient times. On the ground, activities are leisurely and not tremendously active; however, that said, the real consideration is the HEAT and humidity, which can sap your strength and cause fatigue.
- Tour Leader throughout; local guides, drivers.
- Breakfast and dinner or lunch daily (hotels and local restaurants). All accommodation, transport, sightseeing and entrance fees for sites noted as 'visited' in the detailed itinerary. Gratuities for local guides, drivers, restaurant staff, porters.
- Please note that in variance with our usual policies pertaining to airport arrival transfers, we do not provide or sell this service for arrivals in Honolulu. A taxi to the start hotel will cost about $40. We will continue to provide departure transfers from in Auckland for Land & Air customers.
- Special mention should be made re the internal flights (and taxes) that occur within the tour - we include these in the "Land" price of the trip, a significant proportion of the overall tour cost.
- International airfare to/from the tour
- Tour Leader gratuity, lunches, drinks, personal items (phone, laundry, etc), departure taxes, and international air taxes (if applicable)
- Airport transfers for Land Only customers
- Optional trip cancellation insurance
- Our post-reservation trip notes offer further guidance on optional meal costs and shopping
- Bookmundi is partner with Adventures Abroad. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 350 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 2000 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 90 days before departure. For any departures within 21 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
UNTOUCHED PACIFIC ISLANDS - Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Niue, Tuvalu, Micronesia & Nauru tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this UNTOUCHED PACIFIC ISLANDS - Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Niue, Tuvalu, Micronesia & Nauru tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
As this tour covers a large and diverse piece of geography, special attention has been paid to visiting all of the places covered at, or close to, the best time in terms of weather than one can typically expect. Overall, you can expect warm, tropical conditions throughout. Though our intention is to avoid rainy periods, but one can expect tropical showers at any time.Group Size
Maximum 15 (plus Tour Leader)