- Stirling Castle
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
A splendid introduction to Scotland. This tour fuses the remarkable beauty of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park with the majestic sight of The Kelpies and the savage history of Stirling Castle. On this trip there is plenty of time to examine amazing architecture and ponder over breathtaking natural and man-made wonders while immersing yourself in myths, legends and stories.
We depart Edinburgh in the morning and head west towards Falkirk where you get the chance to visit and marvel at the stunning Kelpies, the world's largest equine sculptures. Dedicated to the horse-powered heritage of Central Scotland and designed by Andy Scott, they also celebrate the mythological transforming beasts living in our lochs, rivers and streams, who possess the strength and endurance of 100 horses.
Our journey then takes us to the ‘Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond’ where we take time at Balmaha to admire views of Ben Lomond. Here, you will have the opportunity to go on a woodland walk that will afford you great views of the loch. Standing on its bank you will understand why Loch Lomond has been immortalised in a world-famous song.
The rest of the afternoon is spent exploring Stirling. You will have the option to discover the impressive Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s most important structures both historically and architecturally. Many royals have been crowned at Stirling Castle, including Mary Queen of Scots, and it was central to William Wallace’s fight in the Wars of Independence. Alternatively, explore Stirling, geographically one of the most significant towns in Scottish history. We return to Edinburgh in the early evening.
- Passionate Local Guide
- Foreign Language Audio Guide
- The Kelpies
- Any international flights to/from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and The Kelpies tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and The Kelpies tour. You can cancel the tour up to 3 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 2 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 2 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and The Kelpies tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and The Kelpies tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.