- Highland Games
Join us on a day tour to a real Highland Games where you can soak up the atmosphere and experience the excitement. The Games, or Gatherings, take place in towns and villages throughout the country and are a highlight of the Scottish calendar, making for a truly memorable day out amongst grand Highland scenery.
The Highland Games are renowned over the world as a test of strength between Clans. These athletic contests date back over 900 years and the Games are a fantastic spectacle where you’ll see Highland dancing, pipe band displays, hammer throwing, tug-o-war and caber tossing.
We have created a range of day tours based around these spectacular cultural events that include the best of our beautiful landscape. Each has its own local charm and character. Our programme includes a visit to the world famous Braemar Gathering, attended by members of the Royal Family since Queen Victoria first attended in 1848.
- Passionate Local Guide
- Entrance to the Games
- Any international flights to/from Edinburgh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highland Games tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highland Games tour. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 46 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 April 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 46 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highland Games tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highland Games tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.