- duration 12-14 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1-99 yrs
- max group size 11
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-1618
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, French, Greek, Portuguese
- Highest Pub in Africa
- Lesotho's Highest point
- Pietermaritzburg the capital of KwaZulu Natal where we visit some Mahatma Gandhi statues.
- Scenery stop along the way
- Visit the Holy Trinity Church, and also visit RDP (Rural Development Plan Housing) Mr Mandela's dream for the under privileged people of South Africans.
The Sani Pass is a 33km gravel road that straddles the sheer cliffs of the Drakensberg escarpment in a series of tight Zig Zag curves. The route begins at the Sani Pass Hotel which is 1566m above sea level. You will be traveling in a Land Rover 4x4 upwards along the narrow road crossing the South African/ Lesotho border post which is 1968m above sea level. Along the way up the South African landscape KwaZulu Natal opens up in front of you displaying spectacular views of rolling hills and vast skies. We visit the local village and interact with the local and also taste their delicious home made bread. If the weather is good we reach the black mountains the highest point in Lesotho at an altitude of 3200 meters.
You can enjoy a delicious lunch at the Highest Pub in Africa at your own account which sits 2873m above sea level.
At around 3.30 pm we start to drive back to Durban where we will be returning around 7 pm. The trip is around 12 to 13 hours, but it is all worth it. We invite you to join us on this exciting day excursion.
- All entry fees
- Tour guide
- 4x4 Transport
- Pick-up point at 1stZulu Safaris office at Tropicana Hotel,85 OR Tambo Parade. For special arrangements, please contact Mr Sotiris at 031 3373103 / +2782 776 6771 whatsapp/ calls.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information* German and Polish languages can be requested (on request) * After 15:00 PM , please immediately contact Mr Sotiris on +27 82 7766 771/ Bongani +27 766 066 028 / Christo +27 82 7766787 by phone / whatsApp , the day before the trip. *After the minute booking is before 15:00 PM , kindly contact by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the best way to travel to South Africa?
South Africa is a long journey and most people travel to the southern tip of Africa by plane. It is also quite a large country and most people prefer to fly low-cost local airplanes between larger cities and rent a car to travel between different points of interest. The most stress-free way to travel in South Africa is to join a tour group or pre-planned tour that takes care of all the travel arrangements for you.
- How many days are enough for South Africa?
- What is the best month to go to South Africa?
- Is vacationing in South Africa safe?
How much does it cost to tour South Africa?
There are several tour packages to suit your budget for a holiday in South Africa. A basic safari tour can be as little as USD 800 while a luxury honeymoon holiday could go all the way up to USD 5000. Most tours range between USD 2000 and USD 3000 for tours that cover a few of South Africa’s main attractions.