- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- In the small town of Janche, meet with local village women for a cooking class focused on making local flaky pastries – considered a specialty of the region.
- Have a handson experience when you meet a local beekeeper for a honey tasting – you’ll be definitely getting the buzz in this master class.
- Discover the wine scene in North Macedonia and how, since ancient times, these fertile lands have produced renowned grapes. You’ll sample the finest drops with a celebrated local expert.
- Learn about a world of hams and cheeses in a centuriesold smokehouse, and discover the ancient processes of making olive oil at a local farm outside of Kotor.
Immerse yourself in the culinary delights of the Balkans on a 12-day tour through Croatia, Montenegro and North Macedonia. Along your way, stroll through lush national parks, discover quaint villages and see some of the region’s most spiritual sites. Sip a traditional fermented drink – boza – for breakfast, picnic on the banks of the Treska River, master the art of the perfect pastry with the village women of Janche, indulge in a traditional Kosovan barbeque, dine on home-grown produce in the private garden of a Dihovo family and visit a centuries-old olive press outside of Kotor. With curated food and wine experiences plus an expert local guide leading the way, your Balkans Real Food Adventure will not leave you hungry!
Skopje / Tikves
- Hotel (11 nights)
- 7 Breakfast, 8 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- Private Vehicle
- Ston - Town Visit
- Brijesta village - Small winery and restaurant (oyster tasting)
- Njegusi - Smokehouse Visit & Tasting
- Lustica - Olive oil farm visit
- Prizren - Walking Tour
- Shkoder - Rozafa Fortress visit
- Kosovo - Sightseeing Tour
- Pristina - Gracanica Monastery Visit
- Gracanica - Traditional Lunch
- Tetovo - Painted Mosque of Tetovo Visit
- Mavrovo National Park - Traditional Dinner
- Janche - Cooking Class
- Debar - Mavrovo National Park Visit
- Debar - St Jovan Bigorski Monastery visit
- Kuratica - Local Home Cooked Dinner
- Dihovo - Beekeeping Masterclass
- Ohrid - Green Market Visit/Breakfast
- Dihovo - Villa Dihovo Lunch
- Stobi - Stobi Archaeological Site Visit
- Tikves - Visit two micro-wineries for tastings
- Matka - Matka Canyon Boat Cruise
- Skopje - Green Market
- Any international flights to Dubrovnik and from Skopje are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Balkans Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Balkans Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 19 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Balkans Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Balkans Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please be aware that in many countries dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, simply contact your agent at the time of booking for further information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won't be disappointed!
- Summer temperatures can reach 40 degrees Celsius or higher in some areas, so it's important to use sun protection, wear layers to combat the heat and drink plenty of water. Please carefully consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
- You may also want to consider our trip Slovenia to Macedonia Real Food Adventure if you have more time to explore the food of this region.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal