- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Discover why the Balkans are the next big thing in food – drink boza, rakija and wine, and taste pinjur, makalo, bieno cheese, ckembe corba and more in this adventurous foodie destination
- Learn how to make the regional specialty of pastries with local village women in Janche
- Meet a local beekeeper and get the buzz on honey in a bee master class
- Taste one of the newest players on the world wine scene – sample Macedonia’s finest drops with a celebrated local expert
No one leaves this real food adventure hungry! Immerse yourself in the culinary delights of the Balkans on a 12-day tour through Croatia, Montenegro and Macedonia. Picnic on the lush banks of the Treska River, stroll through national parks and soak up picturesque scenes of waterfalls, church-filled villages and some of Macedonia’s most spiritual sites. Sip a traditional fermented drink – boza – for breakfast (don’t knock it ‘til you try it!), master the art of the perfect pastry with the village women of Janche, enjoy A traditional barbeque in Kosovo, dine on a home-grown meal in the private garden of a Dihovo family and visit a centuries-old olive press outside of Kotor. Experience next level hospitality on this unforgettable foodie adventure.
all in all a great tour.”
Skopje / Tikves
- Hotel (9 nights), Homestay (2 Nights)
- 7 Breakfast, 8 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- Private Vehicle
- Ston - Town Visit
- Putnokovici - Local Farm Visit
- Njegusi - Smokehouse Visit & Tasting
- Lustica - Olive oil farm visit
- Prizren - Walking Tour
- Albania - Rozafa Fortress
- Shkoder - Rozafa Fortress visit
- Kosovo - Sightseeing Tour
- Pristina - Gracanica Monastery Visit
- Gracanica - Traditional Lunch
- Leunovo - Painted Mosque of Tetovo Visit
- Leunovo - Traditional Home Cooked Dinner
- Janche - Cooking Class
- Mavrovo National Park Visit
- St Jovan Bigorski Monastery Visit
- Kuratica - Local Home Cooked Dinner
- Dihovo - Beekeeping Masterclass
- Ohrid - Green Market Visit/Breakfast
- Dihovo - Villa Dihovo Lunch
- Tikves - Wine Tasting
- Bitola - Stobi Archaeological Site Visit
- Matka - Matka Canyon Boat Cruise
- Skopje - Green Market/Picnic
- Any international flights to Dubrovnik and from Skopje are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Balkans Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Intrepid Travel. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 94 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 11 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Balkans Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Balkans Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions