- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy trekking through the Inca Trail
- Travel through Peruvian highlands. Cross two mountain passes in a day
- Explore Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail is one of the most impressive examples of the approximately 40,000km of roads and trails built by the Incas some 500 years ago! These roads were built across deserts, highlands and jungles stretching from the south of Colombia throughout Peru, Bolivia, northern and central Chile and the northwestern part of Argentina!
This trail starts in the Andean region and travels through highlands, jungles and cloud forests, with tunnels and bridges in between. Undertaking this trek is an opportunity to go back in time and learn more about the history and civilization of the Incas. This trek comes to an end in Machu Picchu, the most representative and famous Inca monument. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Cusco - Ayapata
Day 2: Cross two high passes
Day 3: Phuyupatamarca - Winay Wayna
Day 4: Winay Wayna - Machu Picchu
- A professional, bilingual tour guide and an assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Transportation: A bus to Kilometre 82 and train to Ollantaytambo. Bus trip from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes. Collection from Ollantaytambo train station on Day 4
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks and 3 dinners. Pre-boiled water during the trek
- Entrance fees and permits to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- A 3-man tent (per 2 people). A dining tent with tables and chairs. Foam sleeping mattress
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment (foam mattresses and camping tents). A cook to prepare meals during the trek
- A first aid kit
- Sleeping bag
- Inflatable mattress
- Walking sticks (1 pair)
- Single supplement charges
- Walking sticks
- A personal porter
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day are not included
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary, including entrance to Huayna Picchu
- Meals not mentioned on the itinerary
- Travel insurance - You are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Earn US$ 24+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe itinerary and allocations are subject to change depending on time of bookings and campsites provided by INC (the institution that runs the Inca Trail). No cancellation once booking has been made and confirmed. Airline, rail and ferry tickets are nonrefundable and nontransferable and name changes are not allowed. We are not responsible for the impact that an airline schedule change may have on your vacation. Therefore, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance. Porter service hired cannot be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service). Changes made by client: The person who signs the reservation order is the only person that can make changes to the tour/trek/trip/rental services. A USD35 change of order fee is charged to make any changes. Though all efforts will be made to make the changes requested, they are not guaranteed and there may be additional costs in relation to these changes. Please note that when it comes to the Inca Trail, the permits are nontransferable, nonrefundable and dates cannot be changed.