- Walking tour
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek through stunning alpine scenery around the highest peak in Western Europe
- Experience the exhilaration of trekking through three countries in the European Alps
- Enjoying the culinary specialties such as Raclette
- Sharing your walking day with other families and the donkeys which enrich your alpine experience
A special family walking adventure around Mont Blanc taking in Italy, Switzerland and France. This specialised walk ensures that all members of the family experience the spectacular trails and wonderful alpine spirit of the French, Italian and Swiss Alps. Guided along mountain trails this relaxed itinerary provides awesome views of Mont Blanc with overnight stays in charming alpine villages and mountain huts. Carrying only a day pack, our donkeys transport our bags and supplies, and become part of the walking experience with the children taking turns leading their favourite donkey. We have plenty of time to enjoy the small villages we happen upon along the way, including the delightful La Fouly and enchanting Trient. Staying in local refuges we feast on French, Swiss and Italian cuisine. This itinerary, suitable for active children from age 7 and up, provides an exhilarating alpine walk with unforgettable vistas around every bend.
Day 1 : Join Courmayeur and walk to Berthone refuge (4hrs)
Day 2 : Walk to Refuge Elena (4.5hrs)
Day 3 : Walk to Switzerland (5hrs)
Day 4 : To the Valais des Hommes (5hrs)
Day 5 : To the high mountain pasture of Bovine and Forclaz Pass (4.5hrs)
Day 6 : Walk to the Balme Pass (5hrs)
Day 7 : Day walk to discover the Nature Reserve Aiguilles Rouges (4hrs), trip concludes
- 6 nights accommodation in mountain refuges / gîte hostels on a dormitory share basis.
- 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners (does not include drinks) – continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, coffee, tea and juices. Lunch is picnic style. Dinner will consist of 2 or 3 courses which include regional specialties
- Luggage transfer by donkey – max 7kgs (excesses are refused so please test the weight of your luggage before meeting the group, allowing 200g for the kit bag). It is possible early or late in the season that you may need to carry your overnight requirements for one or two days if the snow conditions on the trail are not suitable for donkeys.
- Experienced mountain guide
- Travel to and from the trail head
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of luggage
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 41+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mont Blanc Family Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 October 2021, a deposit of 348 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mont Blanc Family Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mont Blanc Family Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.