- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stroll through the gardens, mosques, palaces and souqs of Marrakesh
- Explore the UNESCOlisted medieval city of Fes
- Relax in the mountain town of Chefchaouen with its distinctive bluewashed homes
- View sunrise over the Sahara on a camel ride
A cultural journey exploring the highlights of Morocco. Overflowing with rich cultural traditions, history and stunning architecture Morocco's imperial cities provide the framework for our journey. Explore Rabat, Meknes and the colourful markets and intricate laneways of the medieval medina in Fes. We also take a fascinating deviation to Chefchaouen, a gorgeous mountain city in northeastern Morocco with its distinctive blue-washed homes and a Mediterranean theme, before travelling across the foothills of the Middle Atlas. A natural divide between coast and desert influences, the other side of the mountains yields the distinctive architecture of kasbahs (ancient fortresses) and the deep orange colours of the dunes on the edge of the Sahara Desert captivate our attention. Our trip concludes in Marrakesh, one of the most important artistic centres in the Islamic world, where there is time to bargain in the souqs showcasing a wide variety of handicrafts and food. This trip is a true journey of contrasts and discovery.
Day 1 : Join Casablanca
Day 2 : Drive to Rabat (approx 2 hrs drive)
Day 3 : Drive to Chefchaouen (approx 4.5 hrs drive)
Day 4 : Explore Chefchaouen
Day 5 : Drive to Fes via Moulay Idriss, Volubilis and Meknes (approx 4.5 hrs drive)
Day 6 : Explore Fes
Day 7 : Drive to Erg Chebbi (approx 8 hrs drive)
Day 8 : Erg Chebbi, drive to the Dades Gorge (approx 5 hrs drive)
Day 9 : Visit Berber villages en route to Ouarzazate (approx 2.5 hrs drive)
Day 10 : Visit Ait Ben Haddou then to Marrakesh (approx 4.5 hrs drive)
Day 11 : Visit medinas, palaces and gardens in Marrakesh
Day 12 : Trip concludes in Marrakesh
- 6 nights in comfortable hotels on a twinshare basis
- 11 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 6 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 12 only)
- Private transport
- English speaking tour leader
- City guides in Rabat, Chefchaouen, Meknes, Fes, Marrakesh
- 5 nights in traditional riads on a twinshare basis
- Camel ride Erg Chebbi
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as listed in itinerary
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers (if not arriving Day 1 or departing Day 12)
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks, and bottled water
- Costs of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, email, tips, and all beverages
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 108 today.
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.