- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience rural Thai life from a local's perspective with a homestay in a small village and a trek through scenic and enlightening hilltribe villages
- Even the transport on this trip is an adventure – discover the joys of travelling on overnight sleeper trains, longtail boats, songthaew and raft houses
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learn about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war
- Discover a true slice of paradise on an included sea kayaking trip through the stunning inlets, caves and hidden lagoons of the Ao Thalane mangrove forests
Discover the riches of Thailand in this epic trip from north to south. On this adventure we take you from the bright lights and crazy sights of Bangkok city to the serenity of the rainforest, from atmospheric ruins to tropical sun-drenched beaches on Koh Yao Yai, Ao Nang and Phuket. If you're after the idyllic Thailand getaway with the perfect blend of northern adventure and southern relaxation, then this tour is definitely for you.
Bangkok - Kanchanaburi
River Kwai - Erawan NP - Kanchanaburi
Ayutthaya - Overnight train
Doi Mae Salong
Hilltribe Villages Trek
Hilltribe Villages Trek
Hilltribe Villages trek - Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai - Overnight Train
Ko Yao Yai
Ko Yao Yai
- Resort (4 nights), Guesthouse (5 nights), Hilltribe village (2 nights), Hotel (7 nights), Overnight sleeper train (3 nights), Rafthouse (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Overnight sleeper train , Speed boat , Public bus , Private minivan , Taxi , Longtail boat , Songtheaw
- An expert tour leader
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Bangkok - Wat Pho
- Kanchanaburi - Erawan National Park
- Kanchanaburi - Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- Rafthouse - Wat Baan Tham cave temple
- Kanchanaburi - Rafthouse experience
- Rafthouse - Wat Tham Suea temple
- Rafthouse - Wat Tham Khao Noi
- Ayutthaya - Temple Ruins entrance & guided tour
- Chiang Mai - Night Market
- Do Mae Salong - Local market
- Organic Farm - Farm To Plate Demonstration & Lunch
- Chiang Rai - 3 day Hilltribe villages trek
- Chiang Rai - Wat Rong Kun (White Temple)
- Bangkok - Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)
- Ao Nang - Ao Thalane Sea Kayaking
- Ko Yao Yai - Home-cooked dinner
- Ko Yao Yai - Traditional dessert making
- Ko Yao Yai - Village visit & guided walk
- Koh Yao Yai - Phang Nga National Marine Park
- Koh Yao Yai - Boat trip & snorkelling
- Ko Yao Yai - Picnic lunch on the beach
- Phuket - Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre
- Phuket - Bang Pae waterfall
- Phuket - Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Sanctuary
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Phuket are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Thailand Adventure West Coast (Nov - Apr) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 102+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Thailand Adventure West Coast (Nov - Apr) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Thailand Adventure West Coast (Nov - Apr) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Thailand Adventure West Coast (Nov - Apr) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip includes a night on an overnight train Auythaya to Chiang Mai and another one from Bangkok to Surat Thani. Accommodation is simple but comfortable – soft sleeper class multishare compartments with air-conditioning and bunk beds, with sheets and a pillow provided. Overnight trains are a real Intrepid experience and one of the best ways to come face-to-face with the country and its people.
- This trip includes free time for flexibility and space for making your own discoveries. There are lots of recommended optional activities if you wish, or just time to soak up the sun and kick back on the countless beautiful beaches.
- Experience travel in a variety of different ways, using private mini vans and local transport like overnight sleeper trains, longtail boats, speed boats, and even kayaks!
- The hilltribe village House stays are a wonderful opportunity to witness every day rural life. Facilities are simple and multi-share but comfortable, with mattresses, bedding and mosquito nets all provided. Some travellers are nervous about the village house experience before they arrive, but we find most end up naming this as a highlight of their time in Thailand and a rewarding, authentic experience. On occasion your accommodation may not have hot water, but you will probably be keen to cool down from the heat with a refreshing cold shower!
- Temperatures and humidity can be high in Thailand, especially when walking in the countryside where, at times, there may be little shade. Be prepared by taking plenty of drink breaks and wearing appropriate skin protection. Some travellers find an umbrella handy to keep the sun off (this will also come in handy should it rain!).
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal