- Walking tour
- duration 19 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Rotorua Explore the geothermal landscape of the Maori heartlands
- Tongariro Crossing Known as the greatest day walk in the world
- Abel Tasman National Park Discover this scenic coastal park on foot
- And by boat
- Fox Glacier Walk to the terminal face of this spectacular glacier
- Wanaka Enjoy walks around picturesque Wanaka
- Milford Sound Boat trip along the tranquil fiord beneath towering mountains
- Te Anau Visit this hiker's paradise and walk part of the Kepler Track
- Mount Cook Discover the soaring landscapes of the Southern Alps
- Show more
New Zealand is all about the great outdoors, exploring on foot brings you the best of this compact yet varied country. The North Island combines awesome natural beauty with a rich Maori heritage and the South Island is blessed with dramatic scenery.
Milford Sound - Boat trip along the tranquil ford beneath towering mountains
Mount Cook - Discover the soaring landscapes of the Southern Alps
Tongariro Crossing - A fantastic challenging day hike through spectacular volcanic and alpine scenery
Day 1 : Join trip in Auckland
Day 2 : Travel south through Waikato region to volcanic Rotorua
Day 3 : Visit to Waimangu Valley geothermal park. Lake walk
Day 4 : Explore the Tongariro National Park on foot, including a section of the iconic Tongariro Crossing
Day 5 : Explore Wellington
Day 6 : Cross the Cook Strait and Marlborough Sound to the South Island
Day 7 : Visit Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary. Walk along Queen Charlotte Track
Day 8 : Explore Abel Tasman National Park by boat and on foot
Day 9 : Fossils, fur seals and Pororari River Track
Day 10 : Walk in glacial valley
Day 11 : Experience Gondwanaland. Drive to Wanaka
Day 12 : Free day to explore Wanaka
Day 13 : Discover Arrowtown Chinese Settlement. Explore Queentown
Day 14 : Walk part of the Kepler Track
Day 15 : Boat cruise on Milford Sound. Walk to Key Summit
Day 16 : Scenic drive to Twizel through the Lindis Pass. Free afternoon
Day 17 : Walking in the shadow of Mount Cook
Day 18 : Drive to Akaroa via Lake Tekapo
Day 19 : Trip ends in Christchurch
- 18 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Copthorne Hotel - Auckland (1 night)
- Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua (1 night)
- The Park Hotel Ruapehu (2 nights)
- West Plaza Hotel (1 night)
- Jasmine Court Motel (2 nights)
- Palms Motel (1 night)
- Ashley Hotel Greymouth (1 night)
- Lake Matheson Motel (1 night)
- Wanaka Hotel (2 nights)
- Heartland Hotel Queenstown (1 night)
- KG Hotel Te Anau (2 nights)
- Mackenzie Inn (2 nights)
- Akaroa Criterion Motel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in New Zealand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 246+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 July 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.