- Local culture
- National parks
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- An Unmissable Māori Cultural Experience and Hāngi
- Magical Sunset Boat Cruise and Dinner
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk
Welcome to the 10 Day Northern Trail Haka Plus Tour!
Join us on tour and spend 10 days in New Zealand’s North Island. From New Zealand’s biggest city to the nation’s lively capital, you’ll take in a whole host of North Island gems, enjoying cinemagraphic landscapes, spectacular coastal walks and geothermal wonders. We'll fill your days with highlights of the North Island and also give you a great insight into New Zealand life and culture.
Created for travellers in their mid-thirties and upwards, this North Island tour includes special activities such as walking to the spectacular and photogenic Cathedral Cove, a traditional Māori meal, and a walk amidst towering – and magically lit – treetops. You can also choose to select some tour add-ons such as hiking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing – otherwise known as Mordor, kayaking to a natural hot pool, visiting an off-shore eco-sanctuary, visiting Hobbiton, or flying above an active volcano!
You’ll have the chance to swim, kayak, skydive, hike, see kiwis, relax in hot pools, roll down a hill in a giant ball, eat and drink like a local, and more! This is your trip, and it’s designed to be flexible. The choice is yours – pick the activities that appeal to you.
At the end of the day, you can relax in comfortable 3–4 star accommodation to ensure you have a great night’s sleep ready for the following day’s activities.
Across 10 days in New Zealand’s North Island between Wellington and Auckland, you’ll encounter an array of landscapes: lush, green rolling hills; beautiful golden sand beaches, tumbling waterfalls, geothermal valleys filled with bubbling mud and sulphuric lakes, magnificent mountains, cosy laid-back surf towns and vibrant cities. Prepare your camera and get ready to make some magical memories!
Day 1 Auckland
Day 2 Auckland to Coromandel
Day 3 Coromandel to Raglan
Day 4 Raglan to Rotorua (via Waitomo)
Day 5 Rotorua
Day 6 Rotorua to National Park (via Taupō)
Day 7 National Park
Day 8 National Park to Wellington
Day 9 Wellington
Day 10 Wellington
- Stay each night in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
- Stay 9 nights in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, and lodges.
- Feast on 5 continental breakfasts and 2 dinners, including a traditional Māori hāngī cooked in an underground oven.
- Comfortable and air-conditioned bus transport
- Passionate and knowledgeable local Kiwi guide
- Orientation tour of each and every location
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Walk a stunning coastal track to Cathedral Cove (as seen in the Chronicles of Narnia movies).
- Watch a Māori cultural performance and check out a geothermal valley of bubbling mud pools including the famous Pōhutu Geyser in Rotorua.
- See endangered kiwi birds up close and personal.
- Soak up a sunset boat cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan – the fish and chips are on us!
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridges.
- Hike through the forested gorge of Ruakuri (45 minutes) – bring your camera for this one.
- Stay in Tongariro National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Area.
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.