- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Ashgabat Explore Turkmenistan's remarkable capital city, a rich mix of ancient and modern
- Khiva Discover the historic heart of one of the great Silk Road cities
- Bokhara Guided visits to the Abdul Khan Madrasah and the Emir's Palace
- Samarkand Marvel at Tamerlane's magnificent city, including Registan Square and the ShahiZinda
Discover the rich culture and tumultuous history of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan on this exploration through ancient trading cities and along the fabled Silk Road. Ashgabat - Explore Turkmenistan's remarkable capital city, a rich mix of ancient and modern Khiva - Walk through the 'open air museum', the historic heart of one of the great Silk Road cities Samarkand - Discover the beautiful, intricately mosaicked mosques and madrassahs of Tamerlane's city
Day 1 : Trip starts in Ashgabat. Free morning and afternoon city tour
Day 2 : In Ashgabat, visit Sunday market and Nissa Fortress; free afternoon
Day 3 : Drive to Mary stopping at Kaka Oasis
Day 4 : From Mary, explore the ancient site of Merv; afternoon visit to Mary Historical Museum
Day 5 : Drive across the border to Bokhara (Uzbekistan); afternoon orientation walk
Day 6 : In Bokhara, discover the Ark Citadel, Emir's Palace and Char Minar Mosque
Day 7 : Free day in Bokhara for further exploration
Day 8 : Drive through the Kyzylkum desert to Khiva
Day 9 : In Khiva, orientation tour of the Old City; drive to Urgench to take sleeper train to Samarkand
Day 10 : In Samarkand, discover Registan Square, Gur Emir Mausoleum and Bibi-Khanym Mosque
Day 11 : In Samarakand, visit Ulug-Beg Observatory and the Shah-i-Zinda; free afternoon
Day 12 : Drive to Tashkent, explore the city and ride the Tashkent Metro
Day 13 : Tour ends in Tashkent
- 9 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple overnight train
- 2 nights simple hotel
- 12 Breakfast
- Bus, Train
- Explore Tour Leader(s), Driver(s)
- Any international flights to Ashgabat and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wonders of the Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 132 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 87 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 06 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Wonders of the Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonders of the Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.