- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Ashgabat Explore Turkmenistan's remarkable capital city, a rich mix of ancient and modern
- Khiva Discover the historic heart of one of the great Silk Road cities
- Bokhara Guided visits to the Abdul Khan Madrasah and the Emir's Palace
- Samarkand Marvel at Tamerlane's magnificent city, including Registan Square and the ShahiZinda
Discover the rich culture and tumultuous history of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan on this exploration through ancient trading cities and along the fabled Silk Road. Ashgabat - Explore Turkmenistan's remarkable capital city, a rich mix of ancient and modern Khiva - Walk through the 'open air museum', the historic heart of one of the great Silk Road cities Samarkand - Discover the beautiful, intricately mosaicked mosques and madrassahs of Tamerlane's city
Day 1 : Trip starts in Ashgabat. Free morning and afternoon city tour
Day 2 : In Ashgabat, visit Sunday market and Nissa Fortress; free afternoon
Day 3 : Drive to Mary stopping at Kaka Oasis
Day 4 : From Mary, explore the ancient site of Merv; afternoon visit to Mary Historical Museum
Day 5 : Drive across the border to Bokhara (Uzbekistan); afternoon orientation walk
Day 6 : In Bokhara, discover the Ark Citadel, Emir's Palace and Char Minar Mosque
Day 7 : Free day in Bokhara for further exploration
Day 8 : Drive through the Kyzylkum desert to Khiva
Day 9 : In Khiva, orientation tour of the Old City; drive to Urgench to take sleeper train to Samarkand
Day 10 : In Samarkand, discover Registan Square, Gur Emir Mausoleum and Bibi-Khanym Mosque
Day 11 : In Samarakand, visit Ulug-Beg Observatory and the Shah-i-Zinda; free afternoon
Day 12 : Drive to Tashkent, explore the city and ride the Tashkent Metro
Day 13 : Tour ends in Tashkent
- 12 Breakfasts
- Grand Turkmen Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Mary (2 nights)
- Hotel Caravan Plaza (3 nights)
- Hotel Musa Tura (1 night)
- Overnight Train from Urgench to Samarkand (1 night)
- Kamilla Boutique Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Uzbekistan (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader(s)
- Any international flights to Ashgabat and from Tashkent are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wonders of the Silk Road tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 103+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wonders of the Silk Road tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wonders of the Silk Road tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonders of the Silk Road tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.