- Active and outdoor
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Volcanoes Enjoy the vistas over active and dormant volcanoes throughout the trip, including the three impressive cones overlooking the picture perfect city of Antigua, Guatemala
- Guatemalan Highlands Experience the land of the Maya by visiting the colourful local market at Chichicastenango and the indigenous villages around Lake Atitlan, witnessing Maya ceremonies.
- Copan Learn more about the ancient Maya culture at this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the greatest Maya ruins in the Americas
- Suchitoto Enjoy the charms of this pretty colonial town beside the shores of Lake Suchitlan
This trip crosses five Central American countries in just two weeks, taking in rich wildlife, rainforests and volcanoes, as well as sacred Maya sites, revolutionary cities and local indigenous villages. From the avid people-watcher to the wildlife spotter and mountain lover, this trip will capture the imagination of all. Volcanoes - Active and dormant volcanoes pepper this region. Discover the impressive cones overlooking the picture perfect city of Antigua, Guatemala, and see lava bubbling in Nicaragua's Masaya volcano Land of the Maya - Take in the sights and smells of the indigenous market at Chichicastenango and the villages around Lake Atitlan, where the modern day Maya culture still thrives Suchitoto - Enjoy the charms of this pretty colonial town beside the shores of Lake Suchitlan, and take the opportunity to learn the art of pupusa-making - an El Salvadorean speciality
Day 1 : Join tour Antigua (Guatemala)
Day 2 : Walking tour of Antigua, free afternoon to explore
Day 3 : Travel to Panajachel; boat trip on Atitlan Lake
Day 4 : Chichicastenango Market then drive to Guatemala City
Day 5 : Visit the UNESCO Site of Copan, free afternoon
Day 6 : Journey to Suchitoto (El Salvador)
Day 7 : In Suchitoto, optional boat trip on the lake
Day 8 : Transfer to the colonial town of Leon (Nicaragua)
Day 9 : Free Day; optional hike to Cerro Negro Volcano
Day 10 : Travel to Granada via Masaya Volcano National Park
Day 11 : In Granada; explore the city or optional sea kayaking
Day 12 : Head to San Juan del Sur on the Pacific Coast
Day 13 : Travel to Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge (Costa Rica)
Day 14 : Optional wildlife boat trip, before driving to Sarapiqui
Day 15 : Morning free. Afternoon head to the capital, San Jose
Day 16 : Tour ends San Jose
- 8 Breakfasts
- Villa Colonial (2 nights)
- Hotel Dos Mundos (1 night)
- Hotel Pan American (1 night)
- Hotel Plaza Copan (1 night)
- Hotel Almendros de San Lorenzo (2 nights)
- Hotel Austria (2 nights)
- Hotel Granada (2 nights)
- Gran Oceano (1 night)
- Hotel De Campo Cano Negro (1 night)
- Pozo Azul Tent Suites (1 night)
- Villa Tournon (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Antigua and from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Central American Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Central American Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Central American Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Central American Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.