- duration 11 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
Explore Europe’s rich history and Jewish heritage on an incredible discovery of the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland. Dive deep into the region’s culture, natural wonders, traditions and historical significance in a one-of-a-kind experience along the Rhine. Delve into the region’s world-renowned museums. Along the way, indulge in Central Europe’s delicious cuisine—Dutch cheese and fries, Alsatian choucroute, Swiss-style sausages, Kölsch beer, unique wine vinegar aperitifs and Germany’s famous white wines.
Not only that, but you’ll discover Central Europe’s fascinating Jewish ties as part of our Jewish Heritage program—the only itinerary of its kind offered on the rivers.
Oh, and did we mention the scenery? Standing on the top deck of your ship, watching the ever-changing landscape turn increasingly dramatic, you’ll understand why people have been raving about the Rhine River Valley for centuries - and there’s definitely no cause to stop.
Day 1: Amsterdam (Embark)
Day 2: Amsterdam
Day 3: Harlingen
Day 4: Arnhem
Day 5: Cologne
Day 6: Oberwesel
Day 7: Frankfurt
Day 8: Speyer (Mannheim)
Day 9: Strasbourg
Day 10: Basel
Day 11: Basel (Disembark)
- 10-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the elegant River Empress
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 9 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided "Jewish Heritage," “Let's Go” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 4 countries: France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland
- 6 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Any international flights to Amsterdam and from Basel are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Remarkable Rhine & Historic Holland (2023) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Remarkable Rhine & Historic Holland (2023) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Remarkable Rhine & Historic Holland (2023) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Remarkable Rhine & Historic Holland (2023) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.