- duration 2 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn about the history of Jewish people in Amsterdam
- Visit many monumental buildings as you walk around Amsterdam
- Visit the Holland Theatre and Portuguese Synagogue
- Entrance to the Jewish Historical Museum
The first Jewish inhabitants arrived in Amsterdam in the 16th century. From the start they established themselves in the area around the Jodenbreestraat.
In the course of World War II this area was made into a ghetto by the Germans. They raised a big fence around the area and many bridges remained open permanently, so the inhabitants could only enter and leave the area at certain points. During many raids the inhabitants were taken away.
After the war, this once vibrant and lively area had turned into a sad, abandoned, and neglected area. Your guide will take you back to the times of the rise of the Jewish people in Amsterdam and the sad period of 1940-1945.
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly guide with a focus on Jewish history
- The entrance ticket stays valid for a month and gives you the opportunity to visit the Portugese Synagogue, the Holland Theatre and the National Holocaust Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.