- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Petra, a Unesco World Heritage site & one of the seven wonders of the world
- Explore the lunar landscape of Wadi Rum in a jeep. Take a trip to Mt Nebo
- Visit Jerash, the best surviving example of a Roman city in the Middle East
- Float on the salty waters of the Dead Sea. Relax on its beach
Enjoy strolling in downtown Amman and see the ruins of the citadel located at the centre of the city. Drive to Mt Nebo, the place from where Prophet Moses gazed at the Promised Land before he died. Discover the lost city of Petra, whose history goes back by more than two millennia, and explore the lunar landscape of Wadi Rum in an off-road vehicle.
End your trip with a relaxing stay at a Dead Sea hotel. This trip starts and ends in Amman Airport. Traveling with you during this trip will be your English-speaking driver. You will meet local tour guides in Jerash, Petra and Wadi Rum. For more details, please scroll down.
Day 1: Amman Airport arrival and transfer to hotel
Day 2: Amman – Jerash – Ajloun Castle – Amman city tour
Day 3: Amman – Mt Nebo – Madaba – King’s Way – Shobak Castle
Day 4: Explore Petra and transfer to Wadi Rum camp
Day 5: Explore Wadi Rum & transfer to the Dead Sea via Aqaba
Day 6: Free day at Dead Sea hotel
Day 7: Dead Sea hotel – Amman airport
- Meals: 6 breakfasts & 1 dinner
- Private pickup and drop-off transfer provided from Queen Alia International Airport on the first and the last day of this tour
- All transport as per the itinerary by an English-speaking driver
- Accommodation: Two nights at a hotel in Amman; One night in a Petra hotel; One night at a camp with private tent & bathroom in Wadi Rum; Two nights in a Dead Sea hotel
- An experienced, English-speaking local tour guide in Jerash for one hour
- An experienced, English-speaking tour guide in Petra for two and a half hours
- Three hours' jeep ride with a Bedouin driver in Wadi Rum
- 700-meter horse ride in Petra from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq. Although not compulsory, the horse handler expects a tip of JOD3 per horse. The trip amount is not included
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sites
- International/domestic airfare
- Jordan entry visa on arrival. The visa costs JOD40 or around USD60 per person
- Travel Insurance
- Meals and beverages other than those mentioned on the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Surcharges during Eid (22-28 May & 30 July - 05 August) & New Year Eve
- Horse drawn carriage or camel ride in Petra
- Camel ride in Wadi Rum
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationWe can customize the above itinerary to suit your requirements. Please note that the tour price might not be the same when it comes to a customized tour itinerary. Official checkin time at the hotels is 15:00 while the checkout time is 12:00 noon. Please wear outfits covering shoulders and knees as a mark of respect to the local culture. This dress code does not apply during your stay at the Dead Sea hotel though. Please note that we cannot guarantee your stay in the hotels mentioned on the itinerary although we will try our best to ensure that you get these hotels. In case we are unable to book your stay at any of these hotels, we will look for a similar alternative and let you know. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant at the hotels. Your driver will only offer his service as per the tour itinerary. He will not be there at your disposal 24/7. Jeeps and other 4x4 vehicles in Wadi Rum are old (without A/C and seat belts) and belong to the local Bedouin association. For your overnight stay in Wadi Rum, we recommend that you carry towels and a torch light. You will cover several kilometres by foot in Petra. We strongly recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and a backpack with water and drinks with you during your Petra trip. The local tour guides in Jerash, Petra and other destinations (if any) are licensed by the Ministry of Tourism in Jordan and are not part of our team. Petra might close on a rainy day for safety reasons. Don’t forget to carry swimwear, flip flops and water sandals for your Dead Sea stay.