- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Jordan's desert castles, home to centuries of history
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash and Bethany beyond the Jordan
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Visit to Mt Nebo, claimed to be Moses' burial site
This 12 days trip to Jordan is ideal to truly appreciate what the country has to offer. It will give you enough time to take in its world famous monuments, such as Petra and Jerash, and explore the less well-known historic and archaeological treasures. This itinerary includes visits to several of these sites as well as offering the opportunity to see the beautiful desert landscape of Wadi Rum and snorkel in the Red Sea, ensuring enough time to relax and unwind as well as sightseeing.
Day 1: Start Amman.
Day 2: Visit the castles of the 'Desert Loop' east of Amman.
Day 3: Head North to Irbid's archaeological museum, Umm Qais and Pella.
Day 4: Visit the ancient city of Jerash and Ajlun Castle.
Day 5: Visit Bethany then head to Madaba, the 'City of Mosaics' and Mt Nebo then
back to the Dead Sea.
Day 6: To Petra via Wadi al Mujib, Al Karak and Al Shawbak castles.
Day 7-8: Two days to explore Petra.
Day 9: Discover Little Petra en route to the Wadi Rum desert; 4WD excursion and
overnight in a Bedouin camp.
Day 10: Transfer to Aqaba for optional snorkelling over the coral reefs of the Red
Day 11: Morning drive to Amman; city tour including Citadel Hill, Archaeological
Museum and the Roman Theatre.
Day 12: Trip ends after breakfast in Amman.
- 10 nights hotels and 1 night private camp , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Travel by air-conditioned minibus and 4WD in Wadi Rum
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
Which hotels are used on this Jordan tour? Can you tell me more information about the accommodation and facilities in general?
The hotels are dependent on the exact dates of travel, but the tour operator does maintain a standard level when it comes to selecting the hotels. Please let us know your preferred start date for the tour and we will enquire about which hotels are booked for that specific departure date.
Hotels are chosen for their location, cleanliness, and comfort. This tour spends 3 nights in a 4-star hotel in Amman, 1 night in a basic hotel in Jerash, 2 nights in a 5-star hotel at the Dead Sea, 3 nights in a standard hotel in Petra and 1 night in a 4-star hotel in Aqaba. Throughout the tour the hotels have en suite facilities and air conditioning, except in Jerash where the night is spent in a more basic hotel. One night is also spent in our private camp in Wadi Rum staying in traditional style tents equipped with basic beds, flush-toilets and simple shower facilities with (limited) hot water. Some hotels have more facilities than others, however, it is always good to keep in mind that the star rating in Jordan is quite different to what you may expect at home.