- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Visit Jordan's desert castles, steeped in centuries of history
This 12 day trip to Jordan is ideal to truly appreciate all that the country has to offer. It will give you enough time to take in its world famous monuments, such as Petra and Jerash, and explore the less well-known historic and archaeological treasures. This itinerary includes visits to several of these sites as well as offering the opportunity to see the beautiful desert landscape of Wadi Rum and snorkel in the Red Sea, ensuring enough time to relax and unwind as well as sightseeing.
Day 1: Start Amman.
Day 2: Visit the castles of the 'Desert Loop' east of Amman.
Day 3: Head North to Irbid's archaeological museum, Umm Qais and Pella.
Day 4: Visit the ancient city of Jerash and Ajlun Castle.
Day 5: Visit Bethany then head to Madaba, the 'City of Mosaics' and Mt Nebo then
back to the Dead Sea.
Day 6: To Petra via Wadi al Mujib, Al Karak and Al Shawbak castles.
Day 7-8: Two days to explore Petra.
Day 9: Discover Little Petra en route to the Wadi Rum desert; 4WD excursion and
overnight in a Bedouin camp.
Day 10: Transfer to Aqaba for optional snorkelling over the coral reefs of the Red
Day 11: Morning drive to Amman; city tour including Citadel Hill, Archaeological
Museum and the Roman Theatre.
Day 12: Trip ends after breakfast in Amman.
- All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hidden Treasures of Jordan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
Which hotels are used on this Jordan tour? Can you tell me more information about the accommodation and facilities in general?
The hotels are dependent on the exact dates of travel, but the tour operator does maintain a standard level when it comes to selecting the hotels. Please let us know your preferred start date for the tour and we will enquire about which hotels are booked for that specific departure date.
Hotels are chosen for their location, cleanliness, and comfort. This tour spends 3 nights in a 4-star hotel in Amman, 1 night in a basic hotel in Jerash, 2 nights in a 5-star hotel at the Dead Sea, 3 nights in a standard hotel in Petra and 1 night in a 4-star hotel in Aqaba. Throughout the tour the hotels have en suite facilities and air conditioning, except in Jerash where the night is spent in a more basic hotel. One night is also spent in our private camp in Wadi Rum staying in traditional style tents equipped with basic beds, flush-toilets and simple shower facilities with (limited) hot water. Some hotels have more facilities than others, however, it is always good to keep in mind that the star rating in Jordan is quite different to what you may expect at home.