- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Fantastic walks including the 'Walk of the Gods', one of the world's finest daywalks
- Visit the stunning coastal towns of Amalfi, Ravello & Positano
- Explore Pompeii, the world's most visited archaeological site (optional)
- Sample delicious Italian cuisine in familyrun hotel with small outdoor swimming pool
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most dramatic and beautiful coastlines in Europe. Mountains rise steeply out of the Mediterranean far below and picturesque towns nestle neatly in isolated coves. This self-guided walking holiday sees you descend from your quiet base in Agerola, following mule tracks and old paths through hillside villages, lemon groves and beautiful deep gorges to towns with narrow streets, whitewashed buildings and fascinating churches, monasteries and cathedrals. Away from the trails there is plenty of time to partake in the traditional Amalfi pastimes of sampling incredible food and wine, as well as enjoying the Mediterranean climate. A highlight of the tour is one of the world's greatest walks, trekking on the 'Path of the Gods'. A visit to the Bay of Naples would not be complete without seeing the incredible Roman remains of Pompeii beneath the volcanic cone of Vesuvius.
As American's we loved the diversity of people in our group. Many Britts and people from other parts of the world as well. Made for really interesting conversations. Looking forward to our next trip with Exodus.”
The Exodus organization of the trip and the guide were up to their usual excellent standard.
The accommodation is spacious comfortable with good food and helpful and accommodating farm family members catering to most of the walkers wants.
All in all a great holiday.”
Day 1: Start Agerola
Day 2: Follow mule tracks and steps down to Amalfi; explore the cathedral and town
Day 3: Free day; optional trip to Pompeii or Capri
Day 4: Walk to top of Monte Tre Calli for great wide-open views of the coastline
Day 5: Walk the 'Path of the Gods' down to picturesque Positano
Day 6: Free day; optional walk in the Valle delle Ferriere National Park
Day 7: Circular walk from Amalfi to romantic Ravello
Day 8: End Agerola
- 7 nights family-run hotel with swimming pool , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 packed lunches, all dinners
- All local transport and listed activities
- 5 days optional centre-based walking
- Low altitude throughout
- Route notes
- Any international flights to/from Agerola are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Headwater - Self-Guided Walking on the Amalfi Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 58 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 165 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 24 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Headwater - Self-Guided Walking on the Amalfi Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Headwater - Self-Guided Walking on the Amalfi Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.