- Deserts and canyons
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A genuinely remote trek in the stunning Anti AtlasFantastic mountain scenery of terraced valleys, in the isolated southwestScenic campsites close to local villages2 leaders for all walking days for groups of 11 or more
A fantastic winter trek in the dramatic and isolated Anti-Atlas mountains. Marvel at kasbahs perched above terraced valleys and wide oases, as well as distant peaks fading into the desert haze. The ascent of Jebel Aklim (2531m) provides wonderful views of the snow-covered High Atlas. Walking through small Berber villages brings you closer to the locals and their way of life. The trek ends in Taroudant, with time to experience the souks and the ancient city walls.
Day 1: Start Agadir.
Day 2: Drive to Taroudant for lunch; continue to Irghem. Trek to first campsite.
Day 3: Walk to the village of Tagdicht, a long but diverse day.
Day 4: Ascent of Jebel Aklim (2531m).
Day 5: Three day complete circuit of Aklim Range with wild camping spots in various
pastures. Passing through small villages and remote valleys.
Day 6: Continue our trek through this stunning remote region. With a chance to swim
in natural pools.
Day 7: Final day in the Anti-Atlas Mountains. Drive to Oulad Berhil and Taroudant.
Day 8: Transfer to Agadir; fly to London
- 5 nights wild camping, 2 nights 3-star hotels with en suite rooms5 days point-to-point walking Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrsAltitude maximum 2531m, average 1830mTravel by private minibus ,All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinnersAll accommodationTransfers for group flights
- Any international flights to/from Agadir are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Undiscovered Atlas tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Undiscovered Atlas tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Undiscovered Atlas tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Undiscovered Atlas tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.