- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 14 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Norsemen on Fair Isle and the Vikings in the Faroe Islands
- Explore the volcanic and glacier covered Jan Mayen island, in the heart of the North Atlantic Ocean
- Encounter iconic arctic wildlife, such as puffins, reindeer, whales and seabirds
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore diverse landscapes and wildlife
Ideal for first-time guests to the polar regions, Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen allows you to venture to some of the most remote islands on Earth, observe fascinating history and culture, and experience the dreamlike wonder of the midnight sun. Sailing across the North Atlantic, you will be immersed in the Arctic’s rugged beauty, highlighted by visits to the awe-inspiring and unspoiled destinations of Fair Isle, the Faroe Islands, Jan Mayen and Spitsbergen. Prepare to be amazed by an environment different from anything you’ve ever witnessed, featuring immense fjords, towering glaciers, soaring sea stacks and coastal cliffs teeming with seabirds by the thousands. Observe reindeer, seals and whales in their natural habitat under a sunlit sky in the middle of the night. Guided by the most knowledgeable and passionate team in the industry, go where few others have gone, and return forever changed by the rich history, distinct culture and unforgettable backdrop of the Arctic.
Day 1 : Arrive in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Day 2 : Embarkation Day
Day 3 : Exploring Fair Isle
Days 4 and 5 : Exploring the Faroe Islands
Days 6 and 7 : Cruising
Days 8 and 9 : Exploring Jan Mayen
Day 10 : At Sea
Days 11 to 13 : Exploring Spitsbergen, Svalbard
Day 14 : Disembark in Longyearbyen and Fly to Oslo
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- Mandatory price included
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Earn US$ 252+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 September 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 September 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Clean and healthy vessels that meet international certifications for infection prevention is ensured.
- For the duration of the expedition, you will be only interacting with your fellow pre-screened passengers and Quark Expeditions staff.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
How to travel around Europe cheap?
Bus services like FlixBus and BusAbout offer a convenient means of transport if you wish to move from one city to another within the same country. Although these services do travel between countries, they might not be the best choice due to a longer travel time.
Budget airlines are another great way to get around Europe’s major cities, especially when you want to cut down on travel time between two countries. Keep an eye out and you might be able to snag tickets at unbelievable rates. Services like Skyscanner can be of help. Some of the largest budget airlines in the continent are Ryanair, WizzAir, Eurowings, and EasyJet.
Ridesharing services are a godsend for those wishing to immerse themselves in local culture as they offer you the chance to catch a ride with locals along the way. BlaBlaCar is the largest one. The only downside is that it is not always as easy to book a rideshare service as it is to catch a bus or hop on a budget flight.
What is the best travel insurance for Europe?
There are dozens of insurance companies offering travel insurance, which can make it difficult for you to choose the right one.
There are a number of things that you should be aware of while purchasing travel insurance. If it is comprehensive medical insurance plans that you are interested in, make sure to find out what all the plan covers. If you are concerned about certain scenarios, then check out customizable travel insurance policies and find out if the provider can cover you for those situations. You also need to determine if there are reasonable coverage limits. Check deductibles and compensation limits in the insurance policy for this.
While insurance is important, it is mostly a safeguard against emergencies. If you are on a budget, you can go with the second- or even third-best option and prioritize getting your money’s worth instead of purchasing the most comprehensive coverage.