- duration 14 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8-99 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-27469
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Follow in the footsteps of the Norsemen on Fair Isle and the Vikings in the Faroe Islands
- Explore the volcanic and glacier- covered Jan Mayen island, in the heart of the North Atlantic Ocean
- Encounter iconic Arctic and north Atlantic wildlife, such as puffins and other seabirds, reindeer, and whales
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore diverse landscapes and wildlife
Ideal for first-time guests to the polar regions, Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen allows you to venture to some of the most remote islands on Earth, observe fascinating history and culture, and experience the dreamlike wonder of the midnight sun. Sailing across the North Atlantic, you will be immersed in the Arctic’s rugged beauty, highlighted by visits to the awe-inspiring and unspoiled destinations of Fair Isle, the Faroe Islands, Jan Mayen and Spitsbergen.Prepare to be amazed by an environment different from anything you’ve ever witnessed, featuring immense fjords, towering glaciers, soaring sea stacks and coastal cliffs teeming with seabirds by the thousands. Observe reindeer, seals and whales in their natural habitat under a sunlit sky in the middle of the night. Guided by the most knowledgeable and passionate team in the industry, go where few others have gone, and return forever changed by the rich history, distinct culture and unforgettable backdrop of the Arctic.
Day 1 : Arrive in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Day 2 : Embarkation Day
Day 3 : Exploring Fair Isle
Days 4 and 5 : Exploring the Faroe Islands
Days 6 and 7 : Cruising
Days 8 and 9 : Exploring Jan Mayen
Day 10 : Cruising
Days 11 to 13 : Exploring Spitsbergen, Svalbard
Day 14 : Disembark in Longyearbyen and Fly to Helsinki
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- Mandatory price included
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 June 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 June 2024, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Clean and healthy vessels that meet international certifications for infection prevention is ensured.
- For the duration of the expedition, you will be only interacting with your fellow pre-screened passengers and Quark Expeditions staff.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.