- duration 14 days
- tour type Cruise Tour
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Follow in the footsteps of the Norsemen on Fair Isle and the Vikings in the Faroe Islands
- Explore the volcanic and glacier covered Jan Mayen island, in the heart of the North Atlantic Ocean
- Encounter iconic arctic wildlife, such as puffins, reindeer, whales and seabirds
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore diverse landscapes and wildlife
The Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen itinerary will have you traveling under the midnight sun to some of the most remote islands on the planet, where only a small number of adventurers have ever left their footprints. Sailing across the North Atlantic, you’ll be immersed in the region’s rugged beauty and whaling and Viking history, visiting the awe-inspiring and unspoiled destinations of Fair Isle, the Faroe Islands, Jan Mayen and Spitsbergen.
Towering fjords, massive glaciers, soaring sea stacks and coastal cliffs teeming with thousands of seabirds, like the amazing Atlantic puffin, will take your breath away. So too will the diverse wildlife of this far-flung region, from Svalbard reindeer to dolphins, seals and whales. Having continuous daylight for part of the voyage means optimum chances to spot these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat at any time of day… or night!
The Arctic has been inspiring explorers for centuries, and our expeditions offer the chance for you to discover why. We’re excited to host you on your unforgettable adventure! Feel free to reach out to our team of Polar Travel Advisers or your travel professional, who can answer your questions and provide assistance at any time.
Day 1 : Embark in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Day 2 : Embarkation Day
Day 3 : Exploring Fair Isle
Days 4 and 5 : Exploring the Faroe Islands
Days 6 and 7 : At Sea
Days 8 and 9 : Exploring Jan Mayen
Day 10 : At Sea
Days 11 to 13 : Explore Spitsbergen
Day 14 : Disembark in Longyearbyen
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Bookmundi is partner with Quark Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 175 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 999 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 17 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Arctic Saga: Exploring Spitsbergen via the Faroes and Jan Mayen tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.