- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- The cascades and evaporating mist of Victoria Falls are a wondrous sight. Have the opportunity to see the falls at multiple angles, perhaps with a bird’s eye view in a helicopter!
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust to learn about the rehabilitation of wildlife from poaching and get the chance to meet some rescued or orphaned wildlife currently in their care.
- Discover the magic of South Luangwa National Park on a morning safari game drive. This park is a highly concentrated arena of noble African beasts and exotic wildflowers.
- The east of Africa isn’t all just roaming wildlife and open plains. Along the way, get to know some of the vibrant cities of the region, including Lusaka, Harare and Bulawayo.
- Journey from the interior plains out to some idyllic Indian Ocean hotspots. Take a stroll along the shores in Dar es Salaam and consider extending your stay in paradisiacal Zanzibar.
Travel from the mighty Victoria Falls through Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania – to experience all the incredible sights, sounds and cultures Eastern Africa has to offer. Head on overland game drives in search of lions, leopards and, if you’re lucky, rare black rhinos. Explore World Heritage-listed sites like the Great Zimbabwe Ruins. Swim and snorkel in the clear, fresh waters of Lake Malawi. Meet locals to gain insight into the enduring cultures of these communities. Wind up on the shores of the Indian Ocean in Zanzibar after an unforgettable 17-day journey full of local knowledge and epic adventures.
Day 1: Victoria Falls
Day 2: Victoria Falls
Day 3: Bulawayo
Day 4: Bulawayo
Day 5: Masvingo
Day 6: Harare
Day 7: Lusaka
Day 8: Petauke
Day 9: South Luangwa National Park
Day 10: South Luangwa National Park
Day 11: Lake Malawi
Day 12: Lake Malawi
Day 13: Chitimba
Day 14: Iringa
Day 15: Mikumi National Park
Day 16: Dar es Salaam
Day 17: Stone Town
- Camping (with facilities) (16 nights)
- 16 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches, 14 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4WD Safari Vehicle , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust Visit
- Masvingo - Great Zimbabwe Ruins guided visit
- Petauke - Jewellery workshop project
- South Luangwa National Park - 4x4 Dawn Game Drive
- Any international flights to Victoria Falls and from Stone Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Vic Falls to Stone Town tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Vic Falls to Stone Town tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 June 2022, a deposit of 1 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Vic Falls to Stone Town tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Vic Falls to Stone Town tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the ‘big five’. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
- There are many excellent optional activities on this trip. We recommend taking this into consideration when budgeting for your adventure.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- Please note that some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Cape Town to Zanzibar trip – search trip code UXOBC on the Intrepid website for more information and how to book.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.