- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Marvel at views the highest peaks of Mongolia
- Experience genuine wilderness whilst trekking through the highest mountains in Mongolia
- Track and spot wild mountain goats
- Learn about Golden eagles used for hunting
The vast, remote, rugged landscapes and snow capped peaks of Western Mongolia are an adventure seekers paradise. Experience the true wilderness and the learn about the nomadic culture which calls it home.. This trekking trip journeys to a group of snow capped mountains called "Tavan Bogd", literally meaning "The Five Holy", the highest in Mongolia which belong to a greater mountain range known as the Altai. Views are dominated by vast glaciers, fast mountain rivers and lush alpine pastures where flocks of yaks, goats and sheep graze. The culture of herding nomads here is authentic and rich. Geographically, this is the remotest part of Mongolia with true pristine nature, abundant wildlife and interesting cultural heritage. The area is also known as a treasure trove of human history with many ancient burials and rock art to explore. Enjoy comfortable camping as you experience the genuine wilderness of this beautiful country.
Day 1 : Join Ulaanbaatar, City Tour
Day 2 : Fly to Altai region, drive to Baga Oigor petroglyph gallery
Day 3 : Travel to Tavan Bogd National Park
Day 4 : Trek to Tavan Bogd base camp
Day 5 : Climb Malchin peak (4051m) or to the Russia-Mongolia borderline
Day 6 : Trek out to lower gate of Tavan Bogd National Park
Day 7 : Trek to Holy Shiveet mountain, spot wild goats or see rock carvings
Day 8 : Travel to explore Kazakh culture
Day 9 : Drive to Olgiy Town
Day 10 : Fly to Ulaanbaatar, farewell dinner
Day 11 : In Ulaanbaatar, trip concludes
- 7 nights fully supported tent accommodation on a twinshare basis, with foam sleeping mats
- 3 nights hotel on twinshare basis
- 10 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 10 dinners
- Flights Ulaanbaatar/Olgiy and Olgiy/Ulaanbaatar
- Airport transfers on day 1 & day 11
- Private vehicle transportation
- English speaking guide
- Medical kit
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Sleeping bag
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mongolian Tavan Bogd Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mongolian Tavan Bogd Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mongolian Tavan Bogd Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.