- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- age requirement 1+ years old
- age_requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Lose yourself in the tranquility of Suzhou most renowned Chinese classical garden
- Explore the old town of Suzhour on the back of a tricycle rickshaw
- Visit the largest classical garden and ancient water town of Tongli
Start your journey with a drive from Shanghai to Suzhou. During the hour and a half drive, your guide will briefly introduce you to Suzhou City, praised as the Oriental Venice.
In Suzhou, begin the tour with a visit to the Humble Administrator's Garden, the most renowned classical garden in the city. Then, make your way to the Suzhou old town. Be transported to ancient China as you ride past one ancient structure after another on the back of a cycle rickshaw.
Later in the day, head to the ancient town of Tongli. Renowned for its intricate canal systems, the water town has been able to preserve its long history. It’s a wonderful place to take in the old-timey charm and glamour of China along the expansive Yangtze River.
At the end of the tour, your guide will take you back to your hotel in downtown Shanghai.
Luckily, my travel consultant responded my message at 6 am on Sunday, so I rearranged my time and the pick-up place instantly with reasonable extra payment, so we were picked up at the airport by the time we finished all the processes including our breakfast.
The entire team was so accommodating with our unexpected situation, so we were able to finish our trip nicely.
The car was very clean and comfortable. The guide was very enthusiastic to share as much as she could. She even brought us Chinese sneakers bar for our lunch due to our tight schedule. The travel consultant followed through very well to the end.
We couldnt have asked more. We had a great tour and the experience.”
During the booking process for a private tour for my family of 5 our agent could not have been phenomenal. She answered all communications quickly with a thorough response. The drivers and tour guides in Beijing (Evelyn) and Shanghai (Alexander) were both great. They were on time and greeted us with a warm smile daily. Their knowledge and warm personalities made touring China with 3 kids (ages 14,11 & 9) relaxing. They even assisted in fixing my phone when I dropped it severely cracking the screen.
If you are thinking of visiting China this is the tour company to choose.”
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private English-speaking guide
- Private driver & air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to tourist sites
- Two bottles of mineral water per person
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease wear comfortable walking shoes. Infant Price: For an infant under the age of two, this tour is free of charge. An additional transfer fee will be incurred if your hotel is outside the city center area.