- duration 2 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Spend the night with an indigenous family
- Learn about the Aymara and Quechua culture
- Experience the breathtaking Lake Titicaca
Get ready to go back in time for a colourful, vibrant and eye-opening cultural experience to visit 3 different indigenous cultures on Lake Titicaca. Spend the night with an indigenous family on the remote island of Amantani. Visit the Uros Floating Islands and Taquile Island. Get to know local Aymara and Quechua-speaking families and experience their unique way of living. Admire awe-inspiring views of Lake Titicaca and the Cordillera Real mountain range.NOTE: The itinerary will be the same, making visits to the island of Uros and Taquile in the normal way, with the only difference that the homestay will be in the Luquina community.
It would've been nice to receive a final confirmation e-mail the day prior, as this trip leaves at 4am and we basically got up *hoping* they would come to pick us up (which they did precisely on time).
My girlfriend was very ill that day due to foodpoisoning and the driver did everything he could to help, including making a small detour to drop us at the hotel in Palenque before driving to the ruins. I later took a taxi, where he was waiting with the money for my entrance. Very much appreciated and great service.”
Day 1: Puno - Amantani, Peru (Day 1: Puno - Amantani, Peru)
Day 2: Amantani - Puno, Peru (Day 2: Amantani - Puno, Peru)
- Basic private room with shared bathroom at homestay
- 1 Breakfast(s)
- 1 Lunch(es)
- 1 Dinner(s)
- Transfers, boat rides
- Puno accommodation pick-up/drop-off
- Boat rides
- Visit Uros Floating Island
- Optional hike to the highest point of this community, to enjoy a breathtaking sunset
- Local party
- Homestay with the locals
- Hike on a Taquile island
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the islands
- Small gift for host family to show appreciation (can be purchased in Puno on the morning of departure)
- Personal expenses
- Transfers from hotels located out of the city (Libertador, Eco Inn, Casa Andina Private Collection, Posada del Inca, Mirador del Titicaca, Taypikala, Yacht, Jose Antonio)
- Lunch on Taquile island
- Tips for guide and driver (In Peru & Bolivia it is common to tip your tour guide if you feel he/she provided you with a good service. It is not obligatory but it would be a nice gesture)
- Optional gratuities
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 3 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 18 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 16 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Lake Titicaca & Amantani Homestay 2D/1N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Lake Titicaca & Amantani Homestay 2D/1N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Suggestions for Homestay: Sleeping arrangements are basic, you will have a private room but will have a shared bathroom. All rooms are in different family homes and may vary in accommodations, some houses may not have electricity. Bring with you adequate amounts of water and snacks to avoid paying expensive rates on the islands. Bring enough cash to purchase souvenirs (between 5-20 soles) and extras on the islands. Remember to respect the ecology of the islands, any trash you bring in - bring out with you upon your departure and do not take any native plants or rocks from the islands.
What to bring: Warm clothing and light clothing (the temperatures can vary very quickly), Torch / flashlight, Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Hiking shoes, Water bottle (you can buy one also on the islands), Money in soles (very low Exchange rate for dollars), Sleeping bag (optional), Rain jacket / Rain poncho (rainy season from October to March), Small gift for host family to show appreciation (Cooking or kitchen materials, souvenir from your home country or children's books).
NOTE: Please take a SMALL backpack with you on the trip and leave your BIG backpack at your hostel. You will return to Puno after the tour.
The pickup will be between 7:00 - 8:00 am, please contact us at email@example.com to confirm the pickup location and time.
Please wait in the lobby of your hostel for your pick up 15 minutes before. Pickup time may vary depending on your hostel location so please be patient.