- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Considered to be offlimits for years due to the civil war, the gates to culture filled Jaffna are open to adventurers once more. Discover Tamil culture in this colourful city
- Open skies, swaying palm trees and glittering waters – Trincomalee beach is a postcardperfect landscape for relaxation. Kick back in the sun on this bright and sandy shoreline
- Witness ritual and devotion in the spiritual heart of the country during a visit to Kandy’s Temple of the Tooth
- Observe wild elephants from basic 'tree houses' and hopefully catch an outstanding sunset in Wasgamuwa National Park, one of the most biodiverse protected areas in Sri Lanka
Drive along the road in Sri Lanka and you can pass Hindu temples, Buddhist shrines, churches and mosques all on the same stretch. This fusion – found in the history, the culture, the Arabian, Indian and European-inspired food – makes Sri Lanka a delicious melting pot to explore. From laid-back Negombo venture through ancient Anuradhapura to the lesser explored north, the secrets and hidden places of Jaffna, and on to the beautiful coastline of Trincomalee. Discover the spiritual heart of the country in the temples of Kandy, and enjoy the natural world too, in a country that overflows with plants and wildlife. Spend time with locals keen to share their homes, food, and stories on an adventure that will leave you with many of your own to tell.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Habarana - Dambulla
Sigiriya - Wasgomuwa National Park
- Hotel (11 nights)
- 10 Breakfast, 2 Dinner
- Private vehicle
- Anuradhapura - Bodhi Tree Temple
- Anuradhapura - Ancient site
- Anuradhapura - Bike tour
- Jaffna - Jaffna Peninsula tour
- Jaffna - Nagadeepa Temple
- Jaffna - Cooking class & family visit
- Jaffna - Jaffna Library
- Dambulla - Cave Temples
- Sigiriya - Lion Rock
- Wasgamuwa National Park - Project Orange Elephant visit
- Kandy - Spice garden visit
- Kandy - Cultural performance
- Kandy - Temple of the Tooth
- Kandy - Tea Factory Visit
- Colombo - City Tour
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 64+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sri Lanka Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 05 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Jaffna has opened up to tourism after being off-limits to visitors for the past 30 years, meaning it is quieter, less developed and services and accommodation are not yet quite up to the same standard as the rest of the country.
- Though its equatorial position means fairly constant year-round temperatures, the summer months in Sri Lanka are very hot with short, sharp monsoons in the south-west of the country. Be sure to use adequate sun protection and drink plenty of water.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point instructions