- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle Backroads and tea plantations Ride through the rural villages and hill country of Sri Lanka's central highlands
- Sigiriya The stunning cave temples at Dambulla and the mountain top fortress of King Kassapa
- Polonnaruwa Explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa by bike
- Kandy Lovely gardens and the unique Temple of the Tooth
Completing a circular journey this trip takes in ancient temples and fortresses, cycling through tea plantations and across the scenic trails of the Knuckles Range. Leaving the coast behind we explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa on two wheels before steadily climbing to wide plains. Search for leopard in Yala National Park before making our way to the beach for a well-earned rest. Cycle Sri Lanka - Ride the backroads, villages, Knuckles Range and central highlands of Sri Lanka Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Sigiriya - Wander through ancient cities, painted cave temples and climb the dramatic 'Sky Fortress' Kandy and the Hill Country - Explore the 'temple of the Tooth' and cycle the lush tea plantations in cooler climates
Day 1 : Join tour Negombo
Day 2 : Morning cycle ride. Afternoon visit Dambulla cave temple
Day 3 : Climb Lion Rock, then cycle to Polonnaruwa
Day 4 : Pedal to Polonnaruwa archaeological site and village
Day 5 : Cycle and drive to Kandy, visit spice gardens en route
Day 6 : Explore Kandy on foot
Day 7 : Into the beautiful highlands, colonial Nuwara Eliya and tea plantation visit
Day 8 : Highlands cycle. Visit Bambarakanda waterfall
Day 9 : Cycle to Udawalawe National Park; optional safari
Day 10 : Cycle country roads to Yala National Park; optional safari
Day 11 : Ride along the coast through Bundala National Park
Day 12 : Cycle the coastal backroads and visit Galle
Day 13 : Day at leisure in Mirissa
Day 14 : Tour ends at Colombo airport
- 13 Breakfast, 5 Lunch, 2 Dinner
- 11 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights premium hotel
- Bus, Bicycle
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo Airport are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 110 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 73 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 208 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 12 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycle Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.