- Bicycle tour
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle Backroads and tea plantations Ride through the rural villages and hill country of Sri Lanka's central highlands
- Sigiriya The stunning cave temples at Dambulla and the mountain top fortress of King Kassapa
- Polonnaruwa Explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa by bike
- Kandy Lovely gardens and the unique Temple of the Tooth
Completing a circular journey this trip takes in ancient temples and fortresses, cycling through tea plantations and across the scenic trails of the Knuckles Range. Leaving the coast behind we explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa on two wheels before steadily climbing to wide plains. Search for leopard in Yala National Park before making our way to the beach for a well-earned rest. Cycle Sri Lanka - Ride the backroads, villages, Knuckles Range and central highlands of Sri Lanka Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Sigiriya - Wander through ancient cities, painted cave temples and climb the dramatic 'Sky Fortress' Kandy and the Hill Country - Explore the 'temple of the Tooth' and cycle the lush tea plantations in cooler climates
Day 1 : Join tour Negombo
Day 2 : Morning cycle ride. Afternoon visit Dambulla cave temple
Day 3 : Climb Lion Rock, then cycle to Polonnaruwa
Day 4 : Pedal to Polonnaruwa archaeological site and village
Day 5 : Cycle and drive to Kandy, visit spice gardens en route
Day 6 : Explore Kandy on foot
Day 7 : Into the beautiful highlands, colonial Nuwara Eliya and tea plantation visit
Day 8 : Highlands cycle. Visit Bambarakanda waterfall
Day 9 : Cycle to Udawalawe National Park; optional safari
Day 10 : Cycle country roads to Yala National Park; optional safari
Day 11 : Ride along the coast through Bundala National Park
Day 12 : Cycle the coastal backroads and visit Galle
Day 13 : Day at leisure in Mirissa
Day 14 : Tour ends at Colombo airport
- 13 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Beacon Beach Hotel (1 night)
- Kassapa Lions Rock (1 night)
- Hotel Sudu Araliya (2 nights)
- Mahaweli Reach Hotel (2 nights)
- Windsor Hotel (1 night)
- Sennya Resorts Belihuloya (1 night)
- Centuria Lake Resort (1 night)
- Mandara Rosen Hotel (1 night)
- Mandara Resort Mirissa (3 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader / Cycle guide
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.