- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- Follow a lessertrekked path up Kilimanjaro.
- Conquer Africa's highest peak.
- Hike towards the summit through everchanging ecosystems.
Conquer Africa's highest peak from the drier, northern side of the mountain. Follow the Rongai Route, climbing the mountain from the north and descending via the popular Marangu Route with its diverse climate zones and stunning views. This route's gentle approach has a high success rate due to the slow ascent. You'll camp beside the only lake on the mountain and enjoy spectacular views over Kenya's Amboseli plains. Local guides, cooks, and porters will provide support during your trek and at campsites along the way.
Day 1: Moshi
Day 2: Moshi/Simba Camp
Day 3: Simba Camp/Kikelelwa Camp
Day 4: Kikelelwa Camp/Mawenzi Tarn Camp
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Camp/Kibo Camp
Day 6: Kibo Camp/Horombo Camp
Day 7: Horombo Camp/Marangu
Day 8: Moshi
- Simple hotels (2 nts), full-service alpine camping (5 nts).
7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD70-95 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, trekking.
- Certified mountain guide throughout, local representative, cook, porters.
- Your G for Good Moment: Moshi Women's Cooperative Visit, Moshi
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- 6-day guided group trek up Mt Kilimanjaro's Rongai Route with local guides, cooks, and porters
- All permits and fees
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 131 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 87 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 20 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 5 - ChallengingSerious high-altitude hikes, cycling, or other instances of heavy exercise. Come prepared to sweat a bit.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.