- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Follow a lessertrekked path up Kilimanjaro.
- Conquer Africa's highest peak.
- Hike towards the summit through everchanging ecosystems.
Conquer Africa's highest peak from the drier, northern side of the mountain. Follow the Rongai Route, climbing the mountain from the north and descending via the popular Marangu Route with its diverse climate zones and stunning views. This route's gentle approach has a high success rate due to the slow ascent. You'll camp beside the only lake on the mountain and enjoy spectacular views over Kenya's Amboseli plains. Local guides, cooks, and porters will provide support during your trek and at campsites along the way.
Day 1: Moshi
Day 2: Moshi/Simba Camp
Day 3: Simba Camp/Kikelelwa Camp
Day 4: Kikelelwa Camp/Mawenzi Tarn Camp
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Camp/Kibo Camp
Day 6: Kibo Camp/Horombo Camp
Day 7: Horombo Camp/Marangu
Day 8: Moshi
- Simple hotels (2 nts), full-service alpine camping (5 nts).
7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD70-95 for meals not included.
- Private minibus, trekking.
- Certified mountain guide throughout, local representative, cook, porters.
- Your G for Good Moment: Moshi Women's Cooperative Visit, Moshi
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- 6-day guided group trek up Mt Kilimanjaro's Rongai Route with local guides, cooks, and porters
- All permits and fees
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Moshi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Kilimanjaro Trek - Rongai Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 5 - ChallengingSerious high-altitude hikes, cycling, or other instances of heavy exercise. Come prepared to sweat a bit.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.