- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 1950 meters
- Trek Africa's highest mountain on a much less crowded route compared to other route
- Watch sunrise views over the summit crater rim
- Enjoyable morning hike and having the campsite to yourselves
- A unique perspective to climbing Kilimanjaro
The topography of the route does not allow for the application of the climb high and sleep low principle and hikers generally suffer more from altitude sickness on the Rongai route compared to other routes (an additional acclimatization day is highly recommended on this route).
The Rongai route uses the summiting path from Kibo hut to Gilman’s point and descend via the Marangu route.
Day 1: Moshi
Day 2: Climb to Forest Edge Camp
Day 3: Climb to Kikelewa Camp
Day 4: Climb to Mawenzi Tarn Camp
Day 5: Climb to School Camp
Day 6: Summit Day, Descent to Horombo Camp
Day 7: Descend to National Park Gate - Moshi
Day 8: Depart
- Professional, experienced mountain guides and poters
- All Park fees, hut / camp fees and rescue fees
- All meals while on the mountain
- All pre and post climb accommodation as mentioned
- Government taxes
- Transfers as specified
- Personal expenses( eg laundry, telephone, beverages)
- Optional tours (short safari after your climb)
- Airport tax( pay direct)
- International Flights
- Climbing gear - if required can be hired locally
- Save US$ 69+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.