- Walking tour
- Active and outdoor
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Marrakech The atmosphere in Djemaa El Fna square and the bustling souks of the Red City, hear the call to prayer and try haggling at the local markets.
- The High Atlas Take a gentle walk (or ride a mule) through the foothills of North Africa's greatest mountains.
- Berber Villages Meet the friendly local people in remote villages and learn about their life in the mountains.
- Essaouira Ride a camel on the beach. Explore the lively coastal town and markets and relax on the coast. You can even try your hand at surfing.
An action packed family adventure combining Marrakech, the foothills of the stunning Atlas mountains, Taroudant a former capital of Morocco and free time at the end of the trip to enjoy Essaouira's expansive Atlantic beaches. Explore the alleyways of Marrakech, feast of freshly caught seafood overlooking Essaouira's charming harbour and learn to cook a tagine with a local family in the oasis town of Tiout. Marrakech - The atmosphere in Djemaa El Fna square and the bustling souks of the Red City, hear the call to prayer and try haggling at the local markets. Atlas Mountains - Take a gentle walk or ride a mule through the foothills of North Africa's greatest mountain range. Essaouira - Ride a camel on the beach, try your hand at surfing and explore the craft markets in the old town.
Day 1 : Join trip in Marrakech
Day 2 : In Marrakech; walking tour of the lively markets. Drive to Ouirgane in the Atlas Mountains
Day 3 : Walks in the Atlas foothills, visit a local Berber family for lunch
Day 4 : Visit the Tin Mal Mosque and drive across the Tizi n' Test pass to Taroudant
Day 5 : Tajine cookery class demonstration and Kasbah visit. Drive to Essaouira on the Atlantic coast
Day 6 : Orientation walk and tour of old town, try surfing and wander the souks. Sunset camel ride on Essaouira beach
Day 7 : Drive back to Marrakech with free time to explore the city in the afternoon
Day 8 : Trip ends in Marrakech
Day 9 : Trip ends in Marrakech
- 7 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches
- Hotel Almas (2 nights)
- La Bergerie (2 nights)
- Riad Hida (1 night)
- Hotel Riad Ben Atar (2 nights)
- On Foot
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Marrakech, Atlas & Essaouira Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 39 today.
- Earn US$ 26+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Marrakech, Atlas & Essaouira Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Marrakech, Atlas & Essaouira Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Marrakech, Atlas & Essaouira Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.