- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 14+ years old
- max group size 6
- Western Himalayas premier long distance trek
- Remote and high villages of Zanskar
- Stunning gorges and canyons
- Ancient fort and monasteries
You and your group will be led among Western Himalaya's premier long-distance footpath, which links Darcha in Lahaul with Padum in Zanskar and Photoksar in Ladakh. As you traverse old pack-horse trails, shepherd's tracks and ancient routes, you will cross several rivers including Chandra, Bhaga, Tsarap, Doda, Zanskar and Indus. Along the way, you will visit: Phuktal monastery, which is built under a huge cave; Sani gompa, Mani gompa, Burdan gompa, Karsha gompa and Lingshed gompa.
En route we'll also pass shepherds with their flocks of sheep and climb beautiful snow covered passes, such as Shingo la (5100m), Hunuma la (4800m) and Sengge la (5060m) with panoramic views of the Great Himalayan range.
The trek terminates at Photoskar, from where we'll drive to Leh along the Yapola river gorge and finally along the Indus river.
Day 1: Drive Manali – Rohtang la (3978 m) – Keylong 3100 m
Day 2: Trek Kardang - Lapchang - Satingri, Drive Palamo (3825m
Day 3: Trek to Zanskar Sumdo (4,000m)
Day 4: Trek Chhumik Nakpo (4670m)
Day 5: Trek Shingo la / Shinkun la (5090 m) - Lakhong (4,500 m
Day 6: Trek Kurgiak (4140 m)- Kyin (4,100 m)
Day 7: Trek Tangze (4,000 m) - Testa - Purne (3,800 m)
Day 8: Trek Phuktal (3,900 m) and back to Purne.
Day 9: Trek Kalbok - Tsethang (3,850 m) - Vipula (3,800 m)
Day 10: Trek Ichar (3,850 m) - Raru (3,800 m). Drive Padum (3,6
Day 11: Drive Karsha (3,750 m) - Thongde - Zangla river camp (3
Day 12: Trek c - Hanamur (3,650 m)
Day 13: Trek Parfi la (3,900 m) - Zingchen (3,360 m) - Snertse
Day 14: Trek Hanuma La (4800m) - Base Lanang (4,000 m),
Day 15: Trek Lingshed (3,900 m) - Netoski la (4,475 m) - Skiump
Day 16: Trek Kiupa la (4,420m) - Sengge la ( 4,950m) - Base
Day 17: Trek Bumitse la (4,400m) - Photoksar (4200m), Drive Leh
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary. (Manali to Leh and return)
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Keylong.
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Padum.
- Accommodation in quality 4 season tents while trekking
- All camping facilities: mess tent, camp chairs and table, sleeping bags, foam mattress, trekking poles & safety gear
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), tea and snacks during the trek
- Qualified & trained English speaking trekking guide and experienced crew.
- Trekking mules for porterage of gear & your luggage.
- Camping fee, trekking permits and fee, park fee.
- First aid medical kit, Oxymeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- Any international flights to Manali and from Leh Ladakh are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Zanskar Trek tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.