- Bicycle tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience a morning bike ride along the Mekong River and a scenic return boat cruise
- Explore the holy Pak Ou Caves and see religious relics
- Visit a mulberry paper making village and a rice whiskey making village
You start the tour by riding from the city center along the Mekong River and through local villages. On the way, you will stop at two traditional guild villages. First one is the village of Ban XiengLek – a village famous for weaving and making mulberry paper. After exploring this tiny village, we move on to the next village of Ban Xiang Hai, also known as Whiskey Village because it is well-known for producing Lao Lao rice whiskey.
Continuing on, you will stop at Pak Ou where the Nam Ou and Mekong River meet. Here, you can enjoy the fantastic views of incredible limestone cliffs rising from the rivers and the caves formed in the limestone landscape. You will then stop for a delicious lunch at a restaurant with an incredible view of both rivers and Pak Ou cave.
After lunch and a short rest, you will embark on a private longtail boat to cruise across the river to the holy Pak Ou Caves. You can see thousands of Buddha relics in both the lower and upper caves.
At the end of the day you get back on the boat to cruise to Luang Prabang. It’s time for you to relax and enjoy the scenic view of Mekong River. The boat ride takes about 1.5 hours to travel 25 km of the river. Upon your arrival in Luang Prabang, you cycle back to the bike shop and return your bike.
End of tour around 5 PM.
- English speaking guide
- Boat cruise
- Entrance fee for Pak Ou Caves
- Drinking Water
- Bicycle and safety equipment
- Personal expenses
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.