- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Experience breathtaking scenery of high mountain lakes and rugged limestone peaks
- Option to ascend Mt Triglav – the highest peak in the Julian Alps
- Stay in charming mountain hotels and rustic mountain huts
- Visit the picturesque town of Bled
A superb walk through the Julian Alps of Slovenia with an option to ascend Mt Triglav, Slovenia's highest mountain. In the north western corner of Slovenia, close to Austria and Italy, are the limestone mountains known as the Julian Alps. The range was the stage of bitter fighting during WWI (with relics on the trails to prove it) and Hemingway wrote his book, 'Farewell to Arms', while based in these mountains. More recently they have become famous for the exciting trekking and climbing opportunities in what is some of the finest mountain scenery in Europe. Characterised by high mountain lakes, peaceful alpine valleys and rugged limestone peaks, the Julian Alps retain their distinctive identity and originality. The walk ascends thematic paths and passes by beautiful turquoise lakes to complete a memorable journey. An option to ascend Mt Triglav (2864m), Slovenia's highest mountain is available. There is plenty of time after the walk to soak up the beauty and history of the fairytale town of Bled nestled at the base of the Julian peaks. This is an exhilarating adventure which will appeal to alpine enthusiasts.
Day 1 : Transfer Ljubljana to Bohinj Lake
Day 2 : Moderate hike to Planika hut (6-8hrs)
Day 3 : Optional Mt Triglav ascent. Triglav Lakes Valley walk (6hrs hike)
Day 4 : Hut to hut walk through the Julian Alps (8-9hrs)
Day 5 : Trek to Bovec, afternoon free to relax or white water rafting option (2-3hrs)
Day 6 : Transfer via scenic route to Bled, remainder of the day free for sightseeing
Day 7 : In Bled, trip concludes
- 2 nights in 2-3 star apartments, 1 night in 3 star hotel with private facilities on a twinshare basis, 3 nights in mountain hut on multishare basis
- A map with the route marked and route instructions, train and bus timetables and details of your accommodation (one set per room booked)
- 6 breakfasts - continental breakfasts are served and usually consist of breads, jams, coffee and tea
- Transfer from Ljubljana (airport) to Bohinj
- Luggage transfer from Bohinj to Bovec on Day 5 (note- you will need to carry your gear from day 2 to day 5 as there is no luggage transfer between mountain huts)
- Transfers on Day 6
- Emergency contact number (we recommend you carry a cell phone during the hike)
- Travel to and your home country to the start and end point of the trip
- Optional activities including ascent of Mt Triglav (allow approx EUR140pp (min 2 people, less for up to 6 people) including guide and helmet and harness hire) and whitewater rafting (around EUR40-45pp with discount (minimum 2 people) for 2-3 hour whitewater rafting trip on the Soca River) – prices quoted are subject to change without notice.
- Lunch and dinner daily and all beverages (allow 12-18 EUR per meal)
- Sleeping sheet (required for the mountain huts). It is possible to hire sleeping sheets from the mountain huts. Blankets are provided.
- Items of a personal nature including beverages, laundry, phone calls etc
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 68 today.
- Save US$ 45+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in the Julian Alps tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in the Julian Alps tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in the Julian Alps tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.