- duration 8 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Fly from Lima to Cuzco with time to acclimatize
- Enjoy trekking the original Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Experience hidden archaeological sites in the Andes
- Learn about Inca history in Machu Picchu with a guide
A spectacularly rich experience in the Andean Mountains awaits you! Travel from Lima to Cuzco and prepare to immerse yourself in the Inca culture as you hike 43 kilometres through the heart of the beautiful Andes, to the Inca Capital of Machu Picchu.
I would recommend you take your own headlight if you have quality one.
Also ask your guide to leave at least hour or 2 earlier on second volcano and hour earlier on 3rd. Leave yourself plenty of time to go up it will alive you to take breaks and still make to blue flames before people. Leaving early was the best thing we did. All of guide and drivers were very accommodating
Tip #2. Take wasapp numbers from everyone. You might need it if you leave your bag in a car or for other reasons.”
Day 1: Lima, Peru
Day 2: Lima - Cusco, Peru
Day 3: Cusco, Peru
Day 4: Cusco - Wayllabamba Camp, Peru
Day 5: Wayllabamba Camp - Pacaymayo Camp, Peru
Day 6: Pacaymayo Camp - Wiñayhuayna Camp, Peru
Day 7: Wiñayhuayna Camp - Cusco, Peru
Day 8: Cusco, Peru
- 7N in budget accommodation and camps
- 1N in Lima
- 3N in Cuzco
- 3N in shared tent for 2 people
- 6 Breakfast(s)
- 3 Lunch(es)
- 3 Dinner(s)
- Transport as per itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Domestic flight from Lima to Cuzco
- Accommodation pick-up in Cuzco to start the trek
- Regular bus service Cusco - KM 82
- Regular bus ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Regular train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Regular bus ticket Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Professional guide on trek and Machu Picchu tour
- Trek to Machu Picchu
- 4-day trek along the Inca Trail
- Machu Picchu guided visit (2 hours, entrance fee included)
- Entrance fees and support during trek
- Inca Trail and Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Porters and cook to carry all shared camping equipment
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Flight back to Lima
- International flights
- Inflatable sleeping mattress (15USD for the trek)
- Professional trekking poles (15USD for the trek)
- Huayna Picchu Trek (approx. 200 Soles)
- Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (approx. 200 Soles)
- Other activities
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Inca Trail Trek Experience 8D/7N (Lima to Cuzco) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 August 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Inca Trail Trek Experience 8D/7N (Lima to Cuzco) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Inca Trail Trek Experience 8D/7N (Lima to Cuzco) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler & couples will have a private room.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in good physical condition. The Inca Trail elevation changes make the hike strenuous as there are three passes during the hike and you will have 1950 meters of uphill and 2250 meters of descent.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail.
DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
Typical Meals on the Trek
On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek. Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance).
BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
LUNCH & DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk.
SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols