- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek around the stunning Alpamayo in Northern Peru’s Cordillera Blanca a region of overwhelming beauty
- Walk amongst towering snow capped peaks, cascading glaciers, alpine meadows and azure glacial lakes
- Enjoy wilderness camping, fully supported with three hearty meals a day prepared on trek
- Encounter spectacular landscapes providing endless photo opportunities
One of the most scenically spectacular walking routes in the Peruvian Andes. Without a doubt, the Cordillera Blanca range provides some of the world’s most spectacular and varied trekking and climbing landscapes. The range boasts more than 50 peaks over 5,700 m (18,700 ft), of which some 20 peaks surpass 6,000 m (19,685 ft). At 6,768 m (22,205 ft), Huascarán is Peru’s highest mountain, and yet it’s the pyramid peak of Alpamayo that is said by many to be the country’s most spectacular. Seasoned trekkers and climbers from around the world agree—Alpamayo is a peak of overwhelming beauty. Within this 170 km-long mountain range we find the greatest concentration of tropical-zone glaciers on earth. Turquoise glacial lakes abound and vertical granite walls rise thousands of metres into the sky. Our Alpamayo Circuit trek weaves a route through the heart of the mountains, crossing a number of high passes that lead us into valleys with remarkably varied mountain landscapes. The focal point of the trek, the famous Alpamayo pyramid was once voted the most beautiful mountain in the world. Our expedition sees us cross the continental divide and, after a succession of stunning views, finds us camping at the amazing Avalancha Campsite (4,650 m / 15,256 ft) where we look down as avalanches crash from immense fissured glaciers on the flanks of the Conrahierbas massif. As we trek we pass through remote farming communities that greet us with warm hospitality and allows us to gain insights into traditional Quechua Indian ways of life. The trek ends after our final breathtaking pass at 4,850 m and descent to the Ulta valley. This adventure has been designed with acclimatisation in mind and to ensure that the ‘work’ of trekking is properly rewarded by the satisfaction of being in an incredibly beautiful place!
Day 1 : Arrive Lima
Day 2 : Drive to Huaraz
Day 3-4 : In Huaraz, day hikes
Day 5 : Drive to Hualcayan via Yungay and Caraz
Day 6 : Trek to Wishcash
Day 7 : Trek to Ruinapampa via Laguna Cullicocha and the Osoruri Pass
Day 8 : Trek to Cruze Alpamayo Pass
Day 9 : To Safuna via Cara Cara Pass and Mesapata Pass
Day 10 : Trek to Jancapampa via Pacajirca Pass
Day 11 : Trek to Laguna Huecrococha via Tupatupa Pass
Day 12 : Trek to Tuctubamba via Alto de Pacaraju Pass
Day 13 : Rest day at Tuctubamba, with an optional day walk to the beautiful Punta Union Pass
Day 14 : Trek to Molino Pampa via Colcabamba village
Day 15 : Trek to Avalancha
Day 16 : Trek to Ulta Ravine via Punta Yanayacu Pass, drive to Huaraz
Day 17 : Drive to Lima
Day 18 : In Lima, trip concludes
- Comfortable and central hotels
- 17 breakfasts, 16 lunches and 12 dinners
- Airport transfers if arriving Day 1 and departing on Day 18
- Transfer in first class public bus from Lima to Huaraz return for groups of less than 10 and private transportation for groups of 10+ people
- All internal transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Use of a gear pack including sleeping bag, fibre filled jacket and sleeping mat
- Group camping equipment
- Pack animals or porters on trek to carry personal gear
- Portable altitude chamber carried on trek
- International Flights
- Airport taxes
- Cost of laundry and alcoholic beverages
- Medical treatment
- Excess baggage costs
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Alpamayo Circuit tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Alpamayo Circuit tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Alpamayo Circuit tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.