- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Discover Tasmania’s Cradle Coast, from the ancient landscapes of Rocky Cape National Park to the stunning stretch of ocean at the Edge of the World, with plenty of stops along the famed tasting trail.
- Explore the country’s oldest temperate rainforest with a visit to the Tarkine, home to unique species that have evolved over hundreds of millions of years – a living connection to the Gondwana supercontinent.
- Learn about the rich Aboriginal heritage and spiritual connections of Tasmania’s northern landmarks and national parklands.
- See the highlights of the picturesque Tasman Peninsula, such as the rocky formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, the secluded Crescent Bay and the tragically historic Port Arthur.
Tasmania may be just across the ditch from mainland Australia, but when it comes to standout scenery, unique wildlife and intriguing history, this island is a world away. This 9-day adventure will weave you through must-sees and lesser-known treasures, with a local leader to provide expert knowledge at every step. Set off from the historic city of Launceston, hike the coastal trails of Narawntapu and Rocky Cape national parks and explore the prehistoric Tarkine Rainforest. Hit the markets in Hobart, sample the homegrown flavours of Bruny Island, learn about the region’s colonial past and explore a rugged, wild coastline shaped over the centuries by the southern seas.
Launceston / North Coast / Stanley
The Tarkine / Stanley
Corinna / Devonport
Cradle Mountain National Park / Launceston
Richmond / Tasman Peninsula / Hobart
Huon Valley / Hobart
Bruny Island / Hobart
- Hotel (8 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- North Coast - Visit to Penguin Village
- North Coast - Narawntapu National Park
- North Coast - Lunch at Spreyton Cider Company
- Stanley - The Nut
- North Coast - Cradle to Coast Tasting Trail
- The Tarkine - Trowutta Arch
- The Tarkine - Lake Chisholm Sinkhole
- The Takine - Edge of the World
- Corinna - Philosopher Falls
- North Coast - Rocky Cape National Park
- North Coast - Boat Harbour Beach
- Corinna - Hellyer Gorge
- North Coast - Table Cape Lighthouse Visit
- Corinna - Hiking in Corinna
- Cradle Mountain National Park - Park Visit & Hikes
- Sheffield - Murals Trail
- Hobart - Ferry Ride & Visit to Museum of Old and New Art (MONA)
- Hobart - Excursion to the Summit of Mt Wellington
- Tasman Peninsula - Tasman Arch
- Hobart - Salamanca Markets
- Tasman Peninsula - Devils Kitchen
- Tasman Peninsula - Eaglehawk Neck
- Richmond - Colonial Village Visit
- Tasman Peninsula - Crescent Bay
- Hobart - Farmers' Market
- Huon Valley - Willie Smith’s Cider Apple Museum
- Huon Valley - Wooden Boat Centre Tour
- Huon Valley - Geeveston & Hartz Mountains National Park
- Bruny Island - Truganini Lookout
- Bruny Island - South Bruny National Park
- Bruny Island - Cloudy Bay
- Bruny Island - Day Trip by Ferry
- Bruny Island - Adventure Bay
- Any international flights to Launceston and from Hobart are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tasmanian Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tasmanian Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 January 2022, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tasmanian Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tasmanian Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
- This trip is suitable for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. Please note that it includes several guided walks, allowing you to get among nature. Most are relatively short and easy although there are some more challenging options. However, joining a walk is always up to you. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Food and dietary requirements