- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover dramatic vistas and fascinating archaeology
- See beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore crusader castles
North Cyprus remains a hidden gem of the Mediterranean, far less visited since separation in 1974 but, thanks to the abundance of archaeological remains from many civilisations that inhabited the island over the centuries, it is considered the most beautiful and historically interesting part of the island. With superb walking through unspoiled areas teeming with flowers and wildlife, and the relaxed local Turkish Cypriot culture, this is a walking and sightseeing tour not to be missed.
Unfortunately hotel not due for more praise as room was over main road and 2 rooms were over the very noisy casino. Staff at hotel were very pleasant and breakfasts exceeded expectations and swimming pools were a god send after a extremely hot day's walking.
Kyrenia, just a 20 minute stroll or a £2.30 taxi was captivating with its impressive castle, wonderful waterfront and vibrant restaurants.
Due to the 40+ degrees heat walks became a water swigging, sweat sodden endurance test which many fellow travellers avoided or stopped at convenient points. Most of the walks did not seem to have an objective as sightseeing was done prior to their start. In my view it would have been better to walk, in the cooler part of the day, to one of the many ruined castles and then to meander coastwards afterwards. Beaches we visited were not over-commercialised and very hospitable.”
Day 1: Start Kyrenia.
Day 2: Transfer to Catalkoy; walk to Bellapais and visit the monastery; afternoon
Kyrenia Castle visit.
Day 3: Transfer to the ancient hermitage site of St Hilarion Castle; visit the site
and walk to Malatya village via Karaman.
Day 4: Head to the Karpas peninsula; visit the Incirli caves and crusader castle at
Kantara; walk to beautiful Kaplica beach.
Day 5: Free day to relax or take an excursion to Famagusta.
Day 6: Visit Buffavento Castle for magnificent views; walk to Bellapais village.
Day 7: Spend a day in the Five Finger Mountains; walk includes visiting Kyrenia Rock
and Sourp Magyar Armenian monastery.
Day 8: End Kyrenia.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches
- All transport and listed activities
- 7 nights 4-star Hotel Pia Bella, all rooms en suite
- 5 days centre-based walking
- Reasonable fitness required
- Low altitude throughout
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from kyrenia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in North Cyprus tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 33 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 12 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in North Cyprus tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in North Cyprus tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.