- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Western Ghats Trek amongst the plantations and jungle of this biodiversity 'hot spot'
- Meesapulimala Peak Enjoy the views from one of South India's highest peaks (2635m)
- Backwaters cruise Observe daily life in the tranquil Backwaters aboard a converted rice barge
- Village walks Meet the sociable Keralan people on rambles through the Backwaters
A walking holiday taking in the diversity of tropical Kerala in India's far south. Trek among the forests and grasslands of the mountainous Western Ghats, walk in search of wildlife in the Periyar National Park and meet the locals rambling through tranquil Backwaters\ villages. Exploring on foot is the best way to discover the culture and landscapes of God's Own Country. Meesapulimala Peak - Enjoy the views from one of South India's highest peaks (2635m) Backwaters cruise - Observe daily life in the tranquil Backwaters and spend the night aboard a converted rice barge Kochi - Explore colonial architecture and city sights on a walking tour
Day 1 : Join trip Kochi
Day 2 : Morning tour of historic Kochi; drive to Munnar
Day 3 : Hike to Seven Malai Hills through tea, coffee and spice plantations
Day 4 : Trek to Silent Valley through tea estates and shola forest
Day 5 : Trek to Meesapulimala Peak (2635 m)
Day 6 : Hike to Top Station through villages and plantations
Day 7 : Drive to Thekkady, gateway to Periyar National Park
Day 8 : Trekking in Periyar National Park
Day 9 : Drive to Alleppey on the coast; Backwaters houseboat cruise
Day 10 : Backwaters village walk; drive to Kochi
Day 11 : Trip ends in Kochi
- 10 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Hotel Bright Heritage (2 nights)
- Edassery Eastend (2 nights)
- Silent Valley Camp (2 nights)
- Top Station Camp (1 night)
- Hotel Grand Thekkady (2 nights)
- Kerala Houseboat (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Trek Crew
- Any international flights to/from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this On Foot in Kerala tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 74 today.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this On Foot in Kerala tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
On Foot in Kerala tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this On Foot in Kerala tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.