- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the old spice town of Cochin
- Experience warm hospitality in a village homestay
- Cruise the backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Relax on the sandy beaches of Varkala
Kerala is an excellent place to discover by bike; a true tropical paradise with an idyllic coastline, lush tranquil backwaters, colourful temples and old stone churches. It's not surprising that Kerala is often referred to as 'God's own country'. Offering a gentler experience than the often frenetic north, Kerala is great for a first time bike trip or your first visit to India. From the old spice port of Cochin to the laid-back beach town of Varkala, we gently cycle through beautiful landscapes, fascinating towns and colourful fishing villages, sampling superb south Indian cuisine along the way. A night in a village homestay provides a unique insight into the warm Keralan hospitality, and the backwaters of Kerala are cruised on a traditional houseboat before relaxing on the sweeping beaches of Varkala.
Day 1: Start Cochin.
Day 2: Explore Cochin by bike and foot.
Day 3: Cycle to Muhamma, past old Portuguese villas and through fishing villages.
Day 4: Continue riding along the coast to a backwater village in the region of
Day 5: Optional morning bike ride to explore the village; board houseboat in the
Day 6: Disembark houseboat; cliff-top ride to the laid-back beach town of Varkala.
Day 7: Short morning ride to the surrounding coastal area; afternoon free to relax
and enjoy Varkala.
Day 8: End Varkala.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 2 dinners included
- Transfer for group flights
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Kochi and from Varkala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 100 today.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle the Coast of Kerala tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.