- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy a game drive through Lake Mburo National Park
- Trek through mountainous forest terrain in search of a gorilla family in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest (Gorilla permit is included).
- Meet Uganda's majestic mountain gorillas for one breath taking hour.
Travel to Uganda and embark on a journey to meet one of the world's most endangered species - the noble mountain gorilla. Encounter Uganda's birdlife, frogs and butterflies while hiking through the thick jungle with an experienced local tracker in search of these majestic creatures. The first glimpses of mountain gorillas will be sure to capture hearts and render most speechless - a just reward for the challenging trek. This Ugandan adventure is action packed and sure to satisfy.
Highlight is Karijini NP. Warra is our guide, driver and also as
cook for us, thanks a lot for your hard work. Lucky to meet you.”
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Lodge (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- 4x4 Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Lake Mburo National Park - 4x4 Game Drive
- Bwindi National Park - Mountain Gorilla Permit & Trek
- Any international flights to/from Kampala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Uganda Gorilla Short Break: Original tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uganda Gorilla Short Break: Original tour. You can cancel the tour up to 46 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 45 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 45 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uganda Gorilla Short Break: Original tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uganda Gorilla Short Break: Original tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Trekking to find the gorillas can be a challenging and long hike.
- You will spend only one hour with the gorillas. There is an option to pre-purchase another gorilla permit to visit the gorillas for a second time on Day 3. However this will result in an altered itinerary. Lake Mburo will be replaced with an additional night in Bwindi.
- Day 4 is a long travel day as you head back to Kampala.
- This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader but rather a local guide with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time. You'll most likely travel on a join-in basis, which means you may or may not be joined by others for activities and transportation, depending on demand.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers