- Walking tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park Game viewing in Uganda's finest reserve
- Kibale National Park The best destination for chimp tracking
- Rwenzori Walk An exciting day walk at the foothills of the majestic 'Mountains of the Moon'
- Kazinga Channel An exhilarating cruise looking out for hippo, crocodile, elephant and birdlife
- Bwindi National Park On foot in the equatorial rainforest in search of Mountain gorillas
- Ugandan People Some of the friendliest and most hospitable of Africans
- Show more
A once in a lifetime chance to experience the ultimate wildlife encounter: to get up close and personal with the endangered mountain gorilla in their natural habitat, Bwindi national park. Plus opportunities to track chimps and take game drives, this is a perfect trip for wildlife lovers. Kibale National Park - Spend a day tracking chimpanzees through the jungle; as well as the chance to spot another 13 species of primate including the Ugandan red colobus Queen Elizabeth National Park - Safari through Uganda's finest reserve in search of lion, elephant and buffalo Kazinga Channel - Take an exhilarating cruise looking out for hippo, crocodile, elephant and birdlife
Day 1 : Join trip in Kampala
Day 2 : Drive to Kibale rainforest
Day 3 : Chimp Trek in Kibale followed by a Swamp Walk through the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
Day 4 : Day walk at the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 5 : Game drive Queen Elizabeth National Park; Kazinga Channel river cruise.
Day 6 : Short game drive in the Ishasha sector; transfer to Bwindi National Park
Day 7 : Gorilla trek
Day 8 : Nature walk and time at leisure in Bwindi
Day 9 : Drive to Lake Mburo, night safari in search of leopard
Day 10 : Morning walking safari, afternoon optional boat safari on Lake Mburo
Day 11 : Drive to Entebbe where the tour ends
- 10 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Cassia Lodge (1 night)
- Primate Lodge Kibale (2 nights)
- Elephant Plains Lodge (2 nights)
- Mahogany Springs Lodge (3 nights)
- Rwakobo Rock Safari Lodge (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Kampala and from Entebbe are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Uganda Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 310 today.
- Earn US$ 206+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Uganda Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 July 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Uganda Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Uganda Gorilla and Chimp Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.