- Bicycle tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Embark on a cycling trip through the backcountry of Yogyakarta. A world of flowerstudded fields and smiling locals, this cultural centre is one of South East Asia’s standout destinations.
- Take a guided walk through the jungle and rice paddies of Seloliman Nature Reserve, then sit back, relax and soak up the ambience under the stars as a small group.
- Climbing Mt Bromo in the early hours of the morning is an adventure to remember. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling view over mistladen volcanoes.
- Get behind the scenes of some of Java's fascinating local industries – from coffee, cocoa and palm sugar to traditional Javanese medicine of jamu.
Get to know Indonesia from another – more varied – perspective on a dazzling 14-day escapade from Jakarta to Ubud. Discover both the current capital and cultural capital in Jakarta and Yogyakarta, hike up Mt Bromo for epic views over the countryside, meander through the lush jungles of Seloliman Nature Reserve in search of local wildlife, and cross the ditch to the north coast of Bali, with plenty of time to chill out on the sandy shores of Permuteran. This journey takes you from city to coast, jungle to market and temple to mountain, so take the plunge and get to know some of Indonesia’s hotspots in a more authentic way.
Seloliman Nature Reserve
Seloliman Nature Reserve – Mt Bromo
Mt Bromo – Kalibaru
Kalibaru – Pemuteran
- Guesthouse (4 nights), Hotel (9 nights)
- 13 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Ferry , Private Vehicle , Taxi , 4WD , Train , Boat
- An expert tour leader
- Jakarta - City tour, including Chinatown, Fatahillah Square & Istiqlal Mosque
- Pangandaran - Green Canyon
- Pangandaran - Village & cottage industries tour
- Yogyakarta - Borobudur Temple complex
- Yogyakarta - Countryside cycling tour
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Visit
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Lunch
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Dinner
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Guided Walk & Herbal Drink Tasting
- Mt Bromo - Sunrise climb
- Kalibaru - Coffee, Cocoa & Rubber Plantation Tour
- Mengwi - Taman Ayun Temple
- Any international flights to Jakarta and from Ubud are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Jakarta to Ubud tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 69+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Jakarta to Ubud tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Jakarta to Ubud tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Jakarta to Ubud tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Java is one of the largest islands in Indonesia, and this trip covers a lot of ground. Travel times can be long, and delays are common. Where suitable, you'll travel by train instead of drive, which will make the journey more comfortable. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- It's important not to make your bags too heavy, as you will be expected to carry them onto and off trains, and walk them short distances. Porters are available in most stations at an extra charge.
- This trip involves a fair amount of hiking and cycling. A moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of this trip. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. Dress standards in Java are more conservative than in other areas of Indonesia. Show your respect by covering your knees and shoulders when visiting temples. It's a great idea to bring your own sarong, or purchase one on your way.
- Accommodation at Seloliman Nature Reserve and near Mt Bromo is in basic guesthouses. Set on the edge of a tropical forest the Seloliman Reserve embraces philosophies of environmental education, and we are sure you will get a good night’s sleep.
- You may also want to check out our Best of Indonesia (TISSC) if you have longer time to explore in ‘country.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Your fellow travellers
Last modified (date)