- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Appreciate the work of Friends International at their Futures Factory, a dining and creative space, dedicated to training vulnerable Cambodian youth to work in the hospitality industry.
- Learn more about Cambodia's confronting but important history with included visits to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
- Is Angkor the most incredible thing in South East Asia? Decide for yourself as you templehop with an expert local guide around the entire archaeological complex.
- A homestay in Chambok puts you right in the heart of everyday village life in Cambodia
Start in Ho Chi Minh City then hightail it to Phnom Penh, island visits near Kampong Cham, ancient wonders in Siem Reap and… fish pedicures in Bangkok? Sure, why not! Experience real Cambodia on a 12-day adventure through the authentic places, topped and tailed by two of South East Asia’s most vibrant hubs. Forget everything you know about roads, pedestrian crossings and stop signs. They don't matter here. Wait until you're safely on the other side before you start high-fiving your success. But when you do, you know you’ve accomplished Cambodia.
Ho Chi Minh City
Siem Reap/Angkor Wat
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (6 nights), Guesthouse (4 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Private minibus , Public bus , Remork (Tuk-tuk)
- An expert tour leader
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Phnom Penh - Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Street food breakfast
- Phnom Penh - Futures Factory cocktail class
- Kampot - Sunset cruise
- Kampot - Heritage walking tour
- Chambok - Traditional dancing
- Chambok - Waterfall hike
- Chambok - Homestay and activities
- Kampong Cham - Wat Nokor
- Kampong Cham - Bicycle hire
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Any international flights to Ho Chi Minh City and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Real Cambodia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Real Cambodia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Real Cambodia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Real Cambodia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Lots of time allocated for optional activities means freedom and flexibility, but it does require a level of independence. Only a few meals are included, so mostly you'll find your own (with plenty of suggestions from your leader of course) – a great way to mingle with locals and discover unexpected delights!
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodia-homestay-experience
- Temperatures and humidity can be high in Cambodia, especially when walking around sights like the Angkor complex where there may be little shade. Be prepared by taking plenty of drink breaks and wearing appropriate skin protection. Some travellers find an umbrella handy to keep the sun off (this will also come in handy should it rain!).
- The stories shared at Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia's recent history that we feel is important to share, however if you would prefer not to join in these tours, your leader will be able to suggest alternatives.
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.